Skip to main content

Dudley O'Shaughnessy On Chris Brown Style Inspiration & More!


Rihanna met Dudley O’Shaughnessy in Belfast, Northern Ireland on the set for her new video, “We Found Love.” Apparently the pair are living up to the song’s title, having been seen “flirting shamelessly” and stepping out to London nightclubs together. However he is more than just gossip as Rihanna's new love interest, his career was in full swing long before then!




Dudley O’Shaughnessy is a multi-talented man; boxing since the age of nine. Dudley began modeling at 19 and has recently signed up with an acting agency.
A Londoner born and bred Dudley, now aged 21, hails from Canning Town, East London. He now lives in Hackney with his mom. Taking inspiration from his father and older brother, who both box, Dudley is a regular at West Hams Amateur Boxing club where he has successfully worked is way up the ranks. He is now number one in England in his Welter Weight category, a tough challenge for a man with so many talents to spar with.Spotted at Old Street station, London, he is represented by Next Model Management. Having already done shoots for the likes of Stone Island and Fred Perry, Dudley’s was a regular face on the catwalk at London Fashion Week. A definite one to watch, just don’t leave him alone with your packet of sweets…



Megan: Tell us about yourself

Dudley: My names Dudley O’Shaughnessy, from East London, born & bread. I’m a boxer, model & now an actor

Megan: How old were you when you started?

Dudley: I started boxing when I was 9, then when I was 19 I got scouted and became a model, then about a month ago i got with a acting agency. I dunno what’s next, maybe I’ll become a doctor ahah

Megan: How did you get into this business?



Dudley: I got into boxing through my family, my Dad was a boxer but stopped when he had me. We didn’t really have alot of money when I was younger & growing up so unfortunately we couldn’t afford action men, so my action men used to be my dads boxers on top of the trophies he’d won. I always wanted some of my own after all my Dad’s ones arms, legs & heads were gone. I’ve got an older brother too who used to box, but you had to be 9 to start so every time he used to train i used to watch him and then by the time i was 9, all i wanted to do was box, so i was straight up the gym. With the modelling, i got scouted when i was with my Mum in Oldstreet station wearing a big grey oversize tracksuit, I thought it was all a joke at first and wasn’t really interested. Castings were really nerve-racking so i didn’t really go, but then as time went on, i came out my shell, met some wicked friends who i’ll never forget and everything kind of fell into place & now I’m loving it. Acting is really recent i got referred by an actor who I had done a job with before & ended up getting with the same agency as him, so fingers crossed I’ll be on a screen near you soon!

Megan: Do you have a favorite shoot you’ve done?


Dudley: It’s gotta be stone island, it’s one of my dream campaigns, ever since i started modelling & saw the campaign i always had my eye on it.

Megan: What is your dream as a model?

Dudley: My first dream was to do stone island and i have so anything else i could do is a bonus, another campaign i dream of doing is Givenchy, it was just like the Stone island, as soon as i saw the campaign i just thought ahhhhhhhhh i wanna do that

Megan: How do modelling and boxing fit together in your life? -Have you had to make any sacrifices in one to further the other?

Dudley: It’s hard, but it’s taught me alot, i used to kind of stand there and just have a fight, but then i used to come out of the ring looking like a rainbow, my skin marks up so easy! So as time went on my Dad helped me learn to move more and keep my hands up & hit and not be hit, so now i don’t really get that marked up. When I’m in a championship I concentrate less on the modelling and more on the boxing. So sometimes i have to miss out on shoots/castings to train, but it’s all worth it in the end. But i’ve decided to concentrate more on the modelling side of things lately as it’s going really well at the moment. But I'm still training & keep fit, boxing will be with me for the rest of my life, it’s made me who i am.


Megan: Where do you get inspirations for your style?

Dudley: I don’t really like to follow the crowd with my dress sense, hence when i had blonde hair most people were like “=O” But now everyone seems to have it, even Chris Brown! So i wont be dyeing it back in a hurry. My Mum helps me quite bit with my dress sense, i guess you could call her my stylist hah. At the moment I’m into military jackets, i like the whole vibe of wearing something smart, but then putting something completely different with it, i like mixing things up, being different and diverse, just like wearing stone island with Vivienne Westwood, totally mad, but it looks alright.



Megan: Do you have any favorite designer?

Dudley: I love the stone island designers, they’re jackets are amazing, as well the the shadow project who are joint with stone island, their clothes are like no other. I also like a lady who graduated from the Royal College of Art last year, i walked for her at the graduation show and her stuff caught my eye & blew mostly all the other graduates collections out the water. And now she’s at Givenchy with Ricardo Tisci, which is another favorite designer of mine, her name is Courtney McWilliams, watch out for her! Also keep your eye on Richard William Green, not only a wicked designer but a proper cool dude! Oh and of course not to forget Ozwald Boateng & Alexander McQueen.


Megan: Your best style advice?

Dudley: Don’t be a sheep and follow the crowd, take a risk



Megan: What kind of music do you listen to?

Dudley: Ahh there’s too much, depends which kind of mood I’m in really, but my top 3 are Reggae, Dubstep/grime & R&B/soul…a bit more than 3 but i tried

Megan: If you could choose any three things to get for free what would you choose?

Dudley: The power to save Japan
An iPad 2
and a years supply of pic & mix

Megan: Where would you like to be right now?

Dudley: New York.



Source Megan Fell

Location:UK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urban Insider talks Model Behavior with Mr. Alex Dominguez of RED Models NYC

With it now being officially spring and actually feeling like it, I thought what better way to celebrate than bringing in a little model behavior. Models often showcase the best of what the average person aspires to look like, from the clothes, the height, and even their hair. We chatted with Mr. Alex Dominguez for the proper insight, and here are our results....... Tell us a little about yourself such as where you are from, age, and for those who aren't familiar what agency you are currently signed with..... I was born Alexander P Dominguez in Washington DC on December 4th, and have resided in Prince George's county Maryland for most of my life. I graduated from Frostburg State university with a degree in Criminal Justice. I come from a good traditional Filipino family, and I am presently represented by RED model management NY. What was it and when was it that make you first take an interest in becoming a male model..... I really had no intentions of

Rico Hundo Gives UrbanInsider a Taste of "Trinkin Trinkin"

Not all of our interviews and features are very long and drawn out, sometimes we just wanna hit our mark with the subject we are talking about. Today we are talking about Rico Hundo, and officially welcoming him into the UrbanInsider family, which had all to do with the fact that he has the complete package, if you ever get a chance to watch his "Instastory" please do "lil whores", he was literally born for this and I can see his light, I would say he shines from within, so you wanna see his posts, you wanna hear him talk, you wanna know what he's doing next because you can tell it's organically who he is. We caught up with this rising star to continue the promo of his incredible ''Latin fused" new track "Trinkin Trinkin" oh and he helped us get the words right lol.........Oh we almost forgot to mention he knows another favorite "Dominicana" of ours CARDI!!!!!!!! Tweet So first of all I wanna it’s a pleasur

Spotlight On:The New It Girl Jessica Burciaga

She has it all from the girl next door appeal, to extreme sex appeal. I first took notice of her when I saw the Jamie Foxx ft Drake "Fall For Your Type" video and to be honest I had to take a sceond glance because I really thought that she was JLO. It wasnt until recently when I actually found out who this stunning beauty is who looks like she could be Jennifer Lopez's little sister. Jessica Burciaga (born April 11, 1983) is an American model . Her father is Mexican and her mother is French and Irish . She was selected to be Playboy's February 2009 Playmate of the Month .   I think we are just starting to see the beginning of the beautiful Jessica, and that she has alot more in store......