Skip to main content

URBAN ARCHIVES: The Designer Is A Politician "LVL XII's Antonio Brown"

Years before he became ''ATLANTA'S HOTTEST POLITICIAN", councilman Brown was a budding designer who graced the pages of this magazine exactly 6 years ago to the date. With it currently being pride month everywhere we decided to invade our archives for this gem.


When we think of high fashion and luxury brands the typical Iconic names come to mind such as Yves Saint Laurent, Versace, and Dior. These have been in the usual fashion-week rotation for decades, with many of these brands focusing on women's fashion until very recently. In a society where men's fashion has been brought to the forefront the market has opened for a slew of new designers, enter Antonio Brown the 28 year old NY born, Houston raised CEO of LVL XII brands. At first glance you can see the Iconic Inspiration of brands such as Giuseppe Zanotti, Christian Louboutin, and even Andriod, however one would be fooled to assume LVL XII is just another Luxury shoe inspired collection. Brown has taken the art of creating a high-end competitor in the men's Luxury shoe market to a completely different level, where as with the aforementioned companies you have a particular style pattern LVL XII crosses all of the barriers giving the consumer an array of styles that are a staple of his company. I am in particular lust with the brand and after hearing what this brand is about Im sure the readers will be as well. Antonio holds a degree in accounting from Western International University located in Houston Texas, upon completion of his degree he began working in corporate america for a period of 7years. When it comes to fashion Brown has always been drawn more towards the business side of the industry.





How long have you been in the process of developing LVL XII, were you hands on in the whole process from sketches, to fabrics, color and every minor detail......
It took me 8 months to develop something that takes most people 2 years and I feel the universe and god conspired in my favor because I really wanted it, and nothing could change my mind. My vice president of LVL XII has connections to factories and has been in the business for over 15 years, for my artistic team I brought on board Brittany Hunter who is the creative director. I was able to literally tell them my vision and they made it happen, one of the most important factors was that I didnt want laces I wanted a shoe that could still function without them so instead there are elastic straps inside of the shoes that grip to your foot. In doing so I have created something that no other companies had the balls to do, we are not a conservative brand that is boring and I challenge the industry to do the same. We are a brand that pushes the boundaries in every way possible of what a
shoe could look like


Anything that one creates is a form of art, how did you feel about possible criticism of your art once it was displayed to the public.....
Im actually open and willing to receive critics, Im not creating a shoe to impress society, I created a shoe out of my pure passion and love that I am making exclusive to represent quality which deserves respect in a luxury market


What was your personal inspiration in doing your line as far as designers, and how did you decide on the proper price points to make a profit, be affordable during this economy, and still compete in a high fashion market....
I took the fact that I loved luxury loved shoes, and didn't mind spending 1200.00 on shoes, it takes alot to launch a brand so I did a brand comparison to shoes in the luxury goods market. I then incorporated my overall cost and put it together with what you are capable making as a profit and set my price point.



What does it for you as far as style and appeal how do you determine that certain it factor, and this reaches beyond shoes into full wardrobe....
Taking chances and thinking outside of the box, Alexander McQueen inspires me because he was known for setting trends and not following them


When it comes to buying season its literally a hard-knock life out there dealing with these buyers, what retailers have you been able to get on board......
Well right now we don't have any buyers on board we will be launching the brand at Project Sole New York July 21st-23rd, and securing a showroom to bring buyers to place orders for the brand


Now I  have a problem with this only 3,000 pairs being made (lol) you cant give us such a remarkable product and then take it away from us just like that whats the reasoning behind it......
By keeping the shoe exclusive and setting a price point not easily affordable by the masses, establishes a demand in the market that creates a reputation that is built upon excellence


If you decide to go any further what other labels would you like to collaborate with, because I could see something insane happening if you teamed up with En Noir and did a few limited editions with them......
Im definitely open to those possibilities if it fits the brand


Whats next for Antonio Brown because with a product like this Im sure you have something else up your sleeve......
I have so many ideas one of them is owning an independent record label, and creating a movie and filming it

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urban Insider talks Model Behavior with Mr. Alex Dominguez of RED Models NYC

With it now being officially spring and actually feeling like it, I thought what better way to celebrate than bringing in a little model behavior. Models often showcase the best of what the average person aspires to look like, from the clothes, the height, and even their hair. We chatted with Mr. Alex Dominguez for the proper insight, and here are our results....... Tell us a little about yourself such as where you are from, age, and for those who aren't familiar what agency you are currently signed with..... I was born Alexander P Dominguez in Washington DC on December 4th, and have resided in Prince George's county Maryland for most of my life. I graduated from Frostburg State university with a degree in Criminal Justice. I come from a good traditional Filipino family, and I am presently represented by RED model management NY. What was it and when was it that make you first take an interest in becoming a male model..... I really had no intentions of

Rico Hundo Gives UrbanInsider a Taste of "Trinkin Trinkin"

Not all of our interviews and features are very long and drawn out, sometimes we just wanna hit our mark with the subject we are talking about. Today we are talking about Rico Hundo, and officially welcoming him into the UrbanInsider family, which had all to do with the fact that he has the complete package, if you ever get a chance to watch his "Instastory" please do "lil whores", he was literally born for this and I can see his light, I would say he shines from within, so you wanna see his posts, you wanna hear him talk, you wanna know what he's doing next because you can tell it's organically who he is. We caught up with this rising star to continue the promo of his incredible ''Latin fused" new track "Trinkin Trinkin" oh and he helped us get the words right lol.........Oh we almost forgot to mention he knows another favorite "Dominicana" of ours CARDI!!!!!!!! Tweet So first of all I wanna it’s a pleasur

Spotlight On:The New It Girl Jessica Burciaga

She has it all from the girl next door appeal, to extreme sex appeal. I first took notice of her when I saw the Jamie Foxx ft Drake "Fall For Your Type" video and to be honest I had to take a sceond glance because I really thought that she was JLO. It wasnt until recently when I actually found out who this stunning beauty is who looks like she could be Jennifer Lopez's little sister. Jessica Burciaga (born April 11, 1983) is an American model . Her father is Mexican and her mother is French and Irish . She was selected to be Playboy's February 2009 Playmate of the Month .   I think we are just starting to see the beginning of the beautiful Jessica, and that she has alot more in store......