Skip to main content

Urban Archives September Issue: Inside the Ring with Boxer Zachary Ochoa





Its Thursday actually "Throwback Thursday", and as part of the branding process we go into our archives to pullout interviews from some of our favorite people we've worked with. In two more days Ochoa hits the ring again, and to help him promo we are posting this article with plans to follow up with him post fight to see what's changed since we last spoke with him.It's not everyday that one is given an inside view into the intense world of boxing, but today the UNDEFEATED Junior Welterweight Zachary "Zungry" Ochoa gives us a ringside seat. The Brooklyn born and bred Ochoa has been fighting since the young age of 13 he says" I've loved fighting since day one so I decided to try boxing, because I knew I could hit people without actually getting in trouble. I also knew that God had blessed me with a set of skills and a gift that I needed to take advantage of", fully aware of all the dangers and risks this sport is attached to Ochoa put his faith in God and has been in the ring for seven long years. Zachary says he is also conscious of the negativity associated with the sport, and it's tainted history which he strives heavily to  turn into a positive platform inspiring those in his community.

As one would expect training for a sport such as this has to be very extensive, Ochoa is trained by Kelly Richardson who pushes him to be his very best 6 days a week. "No routine is ever the same because no two fighters are the same, so we switch it up everyday and I work hard every second that I train". As far as knockouts are concerned Zach has lost count from his amateur days, but as a professional his stats are 2-0 one of those being a fourth round knockout and the other effortlessly taking place with one round. Ochoa depicts his fighting style as one that is smart, patient, calm, and working primarily off of his jab saying that in the ring he is"comfortable like being in his home I'm really focused,poised,and alert at the same time". Despite the pandemonium of the crowd and everyone going crazy around him, Zach is always able to stay his game.

Having recently reached the age of 20 Ochoa has never sustained any injures from boxing or training for that he thanks God dearly." I am able to function pretty much exactly the same as when I was younger I keep my body pure I don't drink or smoke, never have never will and always eat healthy and that's what helps me have an advantage over all of the other fighters". At this point in his career Ochoa has no desire to change weight class he is more focused on the goal of becoming a "World Champion by winning every fight he has and staying undefeated".We will able to view his next fight which will be on November 17th in Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall on HBO held by Golden Boy Promotions.

Outside the ring Zach describes his life as being nothing short of amazing" I'm healthy I feel good and have beautiful smart educated people around me all the time. My thousands of fans are supporting me and my career I thank them for that. Living in Brooklyn isn't easy sometimes these streets can be very dangerous, but I love Brooklyn  its my city that I shall represent with every bomb I throw. We are all trying to make it out of the struggle, some way or some how and my way is going to be boxing."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urban Insider talks Model Behavior with Mr. Alex Dominguez of RED Models NYC

With it now being officially spring and actually feeling like it, I thought what better way to celebrate than bringing in a little model behavior. Models often showcase the best of what the average person aspires to look like, from the clothes, the height, and even their hair. We chatted with Mr. Alex Dominguez for the proper insight, and here are our results....... Tell us a little about yourself such as where you are from, age, and for those who aren't familiar what agency you are currently signed with..... I was born Alexander P Dominguez in Washington DC on December 4th, and have resided in Prince George's county Maryland for most of my life. I graduated from Frostburg State university with a degree in Criminal Justice. I come from a good traditional Filipino family, and I am presently represented by RED model management NY. What was it and when was it that make you first take an interest in becoming a male model..... I really had no intentions of

Rico Hundo Gives UrbanInsider a Taste of "Trinkin Trinkin"

Not all of our interviews and features are very long and drawn out, sometimes we just wanna hit our mark with the subject we are talking about. Today we are talking about Rico Hundo, and officially welcoming him into the UrbanInsider family, which had all to do with the fact that he has the complete package, if you ever get a chance to watch his "Instastory" please do "lil whores", he was literally born for this and I can see his light, I would say he shines from within, so you wanna see his posts, you wanna hear him talk, you wanna know what he's doing next because you can tell it's organically who he is. We caught up with this rising star to continue the promo of his incredible ''Latin fused" new track "Trinkin Trinkin" oh and he helped us get the words right lol.........Oh we almost forgot to mention he knows another favorite "Dominicana" of ours CARDI!!!!!!!! Tweet So first of all I wanna it’s a pleasur

Spotlight On:The New It Girl Jessica Burciaga

She has it all from the girl next door appeal, to extreme sex appeal. I first took notice of her when I saw the Jamie Foxx ft Drake "Fall For Your Type" video and to be honest I had to take a sceond glance because I really thought that she was JLO. It wasnt until recently when I actually found out who this stunning beauty is who looks like she could be Jennifer Lopez's little sister. Jessica Burciaga (born April 11, 1983) is an American model . Her father is Mexican and her mother is French and Irish . She was selected to be Playboy's February 2009 Playmate of the Month .   I think we are just starting to see the beginning of the beautiful Jessica, and that she has alot more in store......