Skip to main content

Urban Insider Knows What Tyler Jacob Did This Summer"Talks Brandy Norwood, Love&HIP-HOP,& MORE.....

Well first of all I wanna say you can sing your ass off so it would great if once this is complete we could some live footage for the site to accompany the interview, and also thank-you for working with me....



Thank you so much! Seriously appreciate that.



Who is Tyler, where is Tyler from, and what made you decide to sing...



I am a singer/songwriter, born and raised in Camden NJ.   After graduating high school i moved to the Big Apple, NYC! Since I can remember I’ve always loved singing, I just never knew that I could make it a career. Now being raised in an underprivileged city, dreams of becoming a singer are basically a joke. I mean, with that being said my mother always pushed the agenda of being a doctor and that is where my focus lied. It wasn’t until I graduated middle school and I was accidentally placed in a choir class that singing became my life. The teacher at the time Benita Farmer asked if I could stand up and sing I believe I can fly by R Kelly to classify my vocal range and I was so nervous because I didn’t know If I was good or not. Don’t get me wrong, I loved singing since I can remember but I didn’t know if I actually could. Anyway, I sung the song as best as I knew it and she was so impressed that she made a few calls and successfully got me transferred to Creative Arts High School. The rest is history.



Were there ever any formal singing lessons that you took in order for you to have such great control over your voice.......


haha! Thank you I wish. Besides creative arts high schools training, I work on my voice everyday... even if it’s unconsciously because I love practicing improv. It’s one of my favorite things to do.  Throw on a random beat and just vent.


With all these television shows that have platforms for artists to showcase their talents, have you been looking into that as an avenue to market yourself.....


I think that those shows are really great for some artists. I know for me personally, competition shows haven’t really worked out. I’ve auditioned for a few and been on one recently titled signed which aired on VH1 back in 2016 with Judges Rick Ross, The Dream, and Lenny S. Definitely not my thing. But I can’t say what the future holds.



I saw on your Instagram that you have some post with Brandy what’s the connection with you two, and since she appears on LoveNHip-Hop Hollywood would you consider trying that route as a an additional musical platform....:


Brandy is my favorite singer in the world. I met her back in 2011 when I opened for her at WIP night club in NYC. I’ve been a fan of her music since I could remember and she’s always been my favorite.
My relationship with her went from being a one time opening act to fast forward years later in 2017 having the chance to assist on styling her. Being around so often, I was able to get to know her as a person and a friend that I could talk to. She was everything I ever imagined; beautiful, intelligent, filled with light great energy and power, yet strong and knows her shit. Brandy for me is an ICON living that I had the honor of meeting and gaining a friendship with in my lifetime. #WHAT!#WhatTheUniverseCanDoIfYouJustBelieve
As far as Love and Hip Hop, I love watching the show but not interested in being on it. Not for any reason other than wanting to keep some parts of my life private for the purpose of having something to myself.



New York or L.A.......


I love them both but I have to say NY. 1. I’m east coast born and bred and Ive lived in NYC. That being said the energy I experienced in NYC has yet to be matched anywhere else that I’ve lived. I love LA for calming me down though. Lol. NYC had me on my toes at all given times.



Describe the Tyler Jacob brand....


Tyler Jacob the brand is a singer songwriter from Camden NJ who has a crush on fashion and loves to experience life and great energy. The focus of my brand is music that expresses my deepest feelings and desires. Music that takes me back in time as I vent through my art and drop off my baggage. Now my over all brand is music, fashion, love, and light.



What is the best lesson life has taught you....








To never feel bad for evolving and letting the old you go. I, for a while, felt for a lack of a better word, loyal to who I was and wouldn’t change my ways. I had to wake up and realize what the universe is communicating to me. Which, is to grow and open my eyes to my purpose. Time has only been ticking and we all know what happens when the clock breaks. So, anyway, I evolve and embrace the change. I allow my self to be okay with liking certain things that may not be the norm for the world right now and, to be okay with showcasing it via my social media. I learned to be who I am and to love who I am more than I love anything else in this world. Me myself and I come first before anything because at the end of the day, you are accountable for you and no matter how deep a relationship with another human being can go, there is always still that chance of it being over. It’ll never be over between you and yourself. So, making sure I understand and respect me would have to be my biggest lesson learned to date.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urban Insider talks Model Behavior with Mr. Alex Dominguez of RED Models NYC

With it now being officially spring and actually feeling like it, I thought what better way to celebrate than bringing in a little model behavior. Models often showcase the best of what the average person aspires to look like, from the clothes, the height, and even their hair. We chatted with Mr. Alex Dominguez for the proper insight, and here are our results....... Tell us a little about yourself such as where you are from, age, and for those who aren't familiar what agency you are currently signed with..... I was born Alexander P Dominguez in Washington DC on December 4th, and have resided in Prince George's county Maryland for most of my life. I graduated from Frostburg State university with a degree in Criminal Justice. I come from a good traditional Filipino family, and I am presently represented by RED model management NY. What was it and when was it that make you first take an interest in becoming a male model..... I really had no intentions of

Rico Hundo Gives UrbanInsider a Taste of "Trinkin Trinkin"

Not all of our interviews and features are very long and drawn out, sometimes we just wanna hit our mark with the subject we are talking about. Today we are talking about Rico Hundo, and officially welcoming him into the UrbanInsider family, which had all to do with the fact that he has the complete package, if you ever get a chance to watch his "Instastory" please do "lil whores", he was literally born for this and I can see his light, I would say he shines from within, so you wanna see his posts, you wanna hear him talk, you wanna know what he's doing next because you can tell it's organically who he is. We caught up with this rising star to continue the promo of his incredible ''Latin fused" new track "Trinkin Trinkin" oh and he helped us get the words right lol.........Oh we almost forgot to mention he knows another favorite "Dominicana" of ours CARDI!!!!!!!! Tweet So first of all I wanna it’s a pleasur

Spotlight On:The New It Girl Jessica Burciaga

She has it all from the girl next door appeal, to extreme sex appeal. I first took notice of her when I saw the Jamie Foxx ft Drake "Fall For Your Type" video and to be honest I had to take a sceond glance because I really thought that she was JLO. It wasnt until recently when I actually found out who this stunning beauty is who looks like she could be Jennifer Lopez's little sister. Jessica Burciaga (born April 11, 1983) is an American model . Her father is Mexican and her mother is French and Irish . She was selected to be Playboy's February 2009 Playmate of the Month .   I think we are just starting to see the beginning of the beautiful Jessica, and that she has alot more in store......