Skip to main content

Randy B Talks Exclusively on Blaquebook.com,Styling,DVF,Achievement,Meeting Julia Roberts&More...



When trying to find the words to use describing this incredible young man you are going to read about I would use nothing less than "Extraordinary Gentleman". On the brink of graduating from college he has already accomplished so much in his career,that you can expect him to be the world's next Andre Leon Talley.....


PA:To start introduce yourself to the public, tell them where you are from, your age, and your major,and the University you attend...




Randy: I was born Randy Bowden, Jr. on September 21, 1989 better known as "RandyB." but I like to be called "B". Its easier. I am from Birmingham, Alabama. I am 22 years old. I am graduating with a Bachelors of Science in Human Environmental Sciences, Apparel & Textiles: Fashion Retailing Concentration Degree this upcoming Fall in December. I attend the University of Alabama.

PA: At what point in your life did you become seriously interested in fashion and what were your inspirations for making those decisions....




Randy: I have been studying classical violin since I was in the 4th grade, and to make a long story short. After many studies of several musical instruments, I chose to pursue a degree in Violin Performance my freshman year at The University of Alabama, received a scholarship and everything. I pledged Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. lost my scholarship and decided to pursue something else I loved. I thought long and hard about this decision that would ultimately effect the rest of my life. So Fashion came to mind, I have always been known for standing out amongst my peers with what I wore. Most of the time being scolded and talked negatively about, but I decided to pursue it full force. My parents were not pleased at first but they trusted my judgement and now they love what I do and support me full force. I talked with professors at the University. One stood out to me, I will never forget her name. Elena Groh told me after class one day, "You have to be fully committed to this. Most of the people in this major are doing it just a get a degree. Market yourself." That really stuck with me. So I said what can I do to set myself apart from my constituents. Make a long story short, theblaquebook.com was born.



PA: If there is an unfashionable soul out there who doesn't know about the blaquebook.com, please inform the readers about it... And how it feels to be young and accomplished...



Randy: www.TheBlaqueBook.com; an embodiment of fashion, style, and luxurious scenery. A little background on TheBlaqueBook brand; It was created by myself and my brother, Javan Bowden (@Javan_B), who works for the Howard Hilltop and Bison Yearbook, we saw a niche' in the south where our demographic did not fully represent the fashion forward individuals, that could be beneficial to the overall outlook of the individuals of the south and expand the appreciation for fashion in the within the south. Focusing on showcasing styling techniques, trend forecasting, and booking models, we are inspired most by European fashion editorials.



The brand is now a year old and has enjoyed great success in its short existence: becoming the go-to-source for styling council in Alabama, collaborations with LaVita Clothing and iConTips, networking with Street Etiquette, Chilly-O, Fli Pelican, Convertible Burt;


styling Travis Porter for the XXL Freshman 2011 Class Issue, becoming a guest correspondent for the international magazine Fashion-African-Black, being featured and spotlighted by Urbane, The University of Alabama's Crimson White, Howard's Hilltop, Lady Gaga's Stylist and Accessory designer StevieBoi, and highlighted by Marie Claire Magazine editors for The Style Ambassador Program. I have also styled several individuals and groups, most notably hip hop's hottest group, Travis Porter, the Atlanta based rock band, 50-1-50, (who was featured on an MTV special with L.A. Reid's son).Well I am accomplished and it feels very rewarding however the work is far from over.



PA:Now you seem like a guy of quality how do you feel about people who don't put as much into their appearance as they could, and if you were to advise someone how would go about doing so without making them feel bad.....


Randy:Well, actually people approach me all the time for tips and suggestions on this basis. You have to explain the ultimate goal behind your rationale of explaining flaws and things that should be changed. I feel that always gives the individual something to look forward too after these things are done.


Prince Ali: What was it like working with Robin Roberts and Julia Roberts and what exactly did that experience involve.....






Randy: Well, I am good friends with Robin Roberts' stylist Diandre Tristan, who invited me to set while I was in New York City interviewing with a few retailers and PR firms for internships during Spring Break. I met with Robin and Julia, both extremely bright and sweet women. Robin actually found out that I was interviewing at Diane von Furstenberg in their PR department and she emailed Diane herself about me. Of course, I got the internship. Lol.

PA: What are your plans once you graduate, and do you see yourself becoming a stylist or even having your own clothing line....



Randy: Well, I have a few pre-plans before graduation. I will be interning at Marie Claire Magazine, assisting Diandre when I can at Good Morning America, and working at Helmut Lang all summer. I will come back to Alabama for two month to finish my coursework for my curriculum, leave back out in September to intern at DVF before graduation. After graduation, I will pursue some full-time work while styling freelance. I believe that all of these opportunities will build my brand even more. I want my own styling firm and PR company.

PA: If Life&Hip-Pop were to take a tour into your wardrobe what pieces would we find you rocking, and how would you describe your personal style....


Randy: Well in my wardrobe exist a variety of things, thrift finds to YSL and Christian Dior neck ties, even things I have altered myself. I am not a big label person but I won't decline them. I like clean cut looks, then on the other hand I rock some pretty rugged ensembles. Just depends on the day and what I am doing. My personal style is pretty easy going all the way to the embodiment of a natural renaissance man.

PA: Name five things you can't live without....




Randy: My MacBook
A gym to workout
TheBlaqueBook
My Family
Creative & Expressive outlets

PA: Name your top five pet peeves.....

Randy: Oversized clothing in the wrong manner
Dirty hair and skin
Repeating myself too many times lol
Seeing potential in people, and they dont use it
Sloppy females

PA: What would you say is your favorite thing to do when you have down time....

Randy: Weight training definitely.


To contact RandyB.
RandyB@TheBlaqueBook.com | Twitter: @TheRandyB
www.TheBlaqueBook.com | Concept.Create.Conquer















Location:Alabama

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urban Insider talks Model Behavior with Mr. Alex Dominguez of RED Models NYC

With it now being officially spring and actually feeling like it, I thought what better way to celebrate than bringing in a little model behavior. Models often showcase the best of what the average person aspires to look like, from the clothes, the height, and even their hair. We chatted with Mr. Alex Dominguez for the proper insight, and here are our results....... Tell us a little about yourself such as where you are from, age, and for those who aren't familiar what agency you are currently signed with..... I was born Alexander P Dominguez in Washington DC on December 4th, and have resided in Prince George's county Maryland for most of my life. I graduated from Frostburg State university with a degree in Criminal Justice. I come from a good traditional Filipino family, and I am presently represented by RED model management NY. What was it and when was it that make you first take an interest in becoming a male model..... I really had no intentions of

Rico Hundo Gives UrbanInsider a Taste of "Trinkin Trinkin"

Not all of our interviews and features are very long and drawn out, sometimes we just wanna hit our mark with the subject we are talking about. Today we are talking about Rico Hundo, and officially welcoming him into the UrbanInsider family, which had all to do with the fact that he has the complete package, if you ever get a chance to watch his "Instastory" please do "lil whores", he was literally born for this and I can see his light, I would say he shines from within, so you wanna see his posts, you wanna hear him talk, you wanna know what he's doing next because you can tell it's organically who he is. We caught up with this rising star to continue the promo of his incredible ''Latin fused" new track "Trinkin Trinkin" oh and he helped us get the words right lol.........Oh we almost forgot to mention he knows another favorite "Dominicana" of ours CARDI!!!!!!!! Tweet So first of all I wanna it’s a pleasur

Spotlight On:The New It Girl Jessica Burciaga

She has it all from the girl next door appeal, to extreme sex appeal. I first took notice of her when I saw the Jamie Foxx ft Drake "Fall For Your Type" video and to be honest I had to take a sceond glance because I really thought that she was JLO. It wasnt until recently when I actually found out who this stunning beauty is who looks like she could be Jennifer Lopez's little sister. Jessica Burciaga (born April 11, 1983) is an American model . Her father is Mexican and her mother is French and Irish . She was selected to be Playboy's February 2009 Playmate of the Month .   I think we are just starting to see the beginning of the beautiful Jessica, and that she has alot more in store......