Skip to main content

Young Platinum Empire Mind State(reflection,growth,future)

FM:So let's have your background info where is YoungPlatinum from, how old are you, and this new record deal details details details.....oh and real name






YP:Most people have the misconception that i'm from Atlanta but i'm originally from Rhode Island. I was born sometime between the years of 1987 and 1989, so I rep for the last of the 80's babies; I'm legal though.Unfortunately, aside from the revealing of my new label situation I am not authorized to speak on the terms and conditions of the contract. Just know that Young Platinum(Shaun)is now signed with & managed by Suthun Music Ent under the division of Bungalo which is distributed by Universal Music Group.

FM:*Now you seem to have a lot of titles that you carry, obviously you've decided to pursue music was this an easy process for you to partake in, and what all did your journey to this point involve?

YP: Haha thats funny that you ask that question because a lot of people wonder the same. I started off real young wanting to be an actor so thats always something that I have enjoyed, but i figured out around age 11 that I wanted to pursue rap. Rap as a art form and as a way of storytelling was something my older cousins would all do as a form of therapy for them, so being around them I took on that same approach.

Like all things, it takes hard work and strong passion. So it started off with me and the nursery rhymes and the weak flow & it naturally progressed to the point where hardcore rap fans were like 'yo my G, you did that' and that was my motivation.

The journey to get to the place where I am now was a long one & its been sprinkled with controversy, drama and fakeness. I've had to learn to weed out the real from the fake, the good from the bad. I created my own brand & nobody can take that accomplishment away from me.

FM:*When speaking influences musical or otherwise who and what comes to mind?

YP: I would have to say Puffy, hands down. Not only did he create one of the biggest brands in Hip Hop but he turned into an impresario man. Like, many rappers are so ignorant that they don't turn their 'one in a million' opportunity into long lasting wealth. So definitely Puffy,Jay & Russell. But on the musical tip I love Nas. Nas is just one of those rappers who do what they want musically, he takes risks; thats my G.

FM:*Now are you hands on with writing and developing your sound right now, and how is your label marketing you, better yet how do you want to be portrayed?

YP: As far as writing goes, when it comes to my verses its all me. I don't play that ghost writing crap thats for the birds man. I feel like if you want people to respect you for your music it has to be real. Reason being is rap is an art form its composed melodically you have to pay attention to syllables and all of that. Real rappers will take other people's advice but they wont take other people's ideas.

And as far as the marketing of myself as in artist


I feel like the label is going for the whole sex appeal thing but I'm not so sure if I would like being labeled a pretty boy rapper cause thats not me wholeheartedly so I'm sure we will switch it up so that everyone can relate. I've matured into the whole dressing in my SIZE and that evolved from tall tee's, baggy jeans, jordans and times.

FM:*As many know you are quite the twitter comedian almost a heckler in a way do you think that will have a negative effect on you at all, PAUSE just for fun would you ever do a track with Somaya Reece?lol

YP: I'm always looking to give other people a laugh or even laugh myself so I try to do it in a way thats funny, however some people take it seriously & get mad. I've learned to deal with negativity. The world is full of people who thrive off speaking negative; its like a drug. So for me I don't understand how these BIGGER celebrity personalities become so sensitive, its apart of the territory.



As for Somaya Reece, I had no idea who she was aside from Joe Budden's ex video model girlfriend. Somaya couldn't handle my commentary about the show and I respect that. She must be weak and/or insecure, I don't know or care. At first I went a little hard on her but I actually see a bit of her in myself as far as the grind & wanting to be respected goes. I would do a track with her but ONLY if I get to write and produce her part of the track; kidding.-:)

FM:*Who do you want to work with from producers to other artists and have you thought about your crossover genres?

YP: I'm such a fan of music that I wish i could incorporate every genre into my music but I know that might not be a good idea I would say techno-pop sound. That is where the money is so why not? Also I love when hip hop fuses with ROCK its dope. A Timbaland record, a Kanye record would be dope along with Ryan Leslie and I cant forget about the legendary





Alchemist love his Mob Deep shit. A nas collabo would be a dream too along with them boys from Yonkers, D-Block.

FM:*Before this the music and everything what were you doing , and what were you like, and please dish on the Natalie Nunn thing?





YP: I've always been doing my music thing since the age of 11, so I don't really consider a time when I wasn't doing music. But yo, on the way to where I am now I was going to middle, high school and college, ya know. Education is key, especially because it helps your bars get better, your raps more intellectual. But nah, I was always into black hoods, times and baggy clothes and trying to be hard but that changed as I got older. I wasn't as open-minded as I am now and I wasn't always the nicest boyfriend back then.

Aw man you brought up Natalie Nunn. My time knowing Natalie Nunn was short and brief, we kicked it a few times she was fly we had a great time and I wish her the most success. Great things come to an end, I wish sometimes they didn't but they do and I'm passed the situation. It didn't work out because of the extra distractions and drama associated with our situation.

FM:*Personal style how do describe it and things you wardrobe consists of?



YP: I'm so far from fashion conscious its not even funny. Man, I wear whatever I think I look fly in. It can be a polo, to a button up to a t-shirt. I don't like to wear baggy clothes anymore. I like to keep it grown and sexy;mix and match that up.

FM:*What are things in life you can't see yourself without?

YP:Man, I couldn't live without music that would be the end of me. Music is one of two things that can relax me in this world; it lets me escape. I also couldn't see myself with food; Junk food like swedish fish and those little gummy peach rings. Yup music & junk food.

FM:*What is your all time favorite place to go and just be?

YP: Any natural environment. As a kid I was exposed to lakes, trees and mountains and I would go to them to think and relax. I think being in nature makes you alert and aware and appreciative of life. A few months ago I went down to the beach in Florida and spent 3 hours in pure darkness on the beach with my ipod and I came to terms with a lot of negative things in my life.

Comments

  1. i love his honesty im looking forward to more young platinum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooooooooooooooove this boy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Urban Insider talks Model Behavior with Mr. Alex Dominguez of RED Models NYC

With it now being officially spring and actually feeling like it, I thought what better way to celebrate than bringing in a little model behavior. Models often showcase the best of what the average person aspires to look like, from the clothes, the height, and even their hair. We chatted with Mr. Alex Dominguez for the proper insight, and here are our results....... Tell us a little about yourself such as where you are from, age, and for those who aren't familiar what agency you are currently signed with..... I was born Alexander P Dominguez in Washington DC on December 4th, and have resided in Prince George's county Maryland for most of my life. I graduated from Frostburg State university with a degree in Criminal Justice. I come from a good traditional Filipino family, and I am presently represented by RED model management NY. What was it and when was it that make you first take an interest in becoming a male model..... I really had no intentions of

Rico Hundo Gives UrbanInsider a Taste of "Trinkin Trinkin"

Not all of our interviews and features are very long and drawn out, sometimes we just wanna hit our mark with the subject we are talking about. Today we are talking about Rico Hundo, and officially welcoming him into the UrbanInsider family, which had all to do with the fact that he has the complete package, if you ever get a chance to watch his "Instastory" please do "lil whores", he was literally born for this and I can see his light, I would say he shines from within, so you wanna see his posts, you wanna hear him talk, you wanna know what he's doing next because you can tell it's organically who he is. We caught up with this rising star to continue the promo of his incredible ''Latin fused" new track "Trinkin Trinkin" oh and he helped us get the words right lol.........Oh we almost forgot to mention he knows another favorite "Dominicana" of ours CARDI!!!!!!!! Tweet So first of all I wanna it’s a pleasur

Spotlight On:The New It Girl Jessica Burciaga

She has it all from the girl next door appeal, to extreme sex appeal. I first took notice of her when I saw the Jamie Foxx ft Drake "Fall For Your Type" video and to be honest I had to take a sceond glance because I really thought that she was JLO. It wasnt until recently when I actually found out who this stunning beauty is who looks like she could be Jennifer Lopez's little sister. Jessica Burciaga (born April 11, 1983) is an American model . Her father is Mexican and her mother is French and Irish . She was selected to be Playboy's February 2009 Playmate of the Month .   I think we are just starting to see the beginning of the beautiful Jessica, and that she has alot more in store......