Skip to main content

2kthaMurdaman Reppin North North(Memphis)




So today we are back on the Memphis Scene Choppin it up with Rapper 2k who I just happen to findout is the brother of Flash Brown who I had the pleasure of interviewing previously.


2k isn't a newcomer to this rap game he's been around since 99 around the same time JiggaMan came out(Jay-Z). 2k took a hiatus with him being in the military and came back full force during Halloween of 07. 2k sites his favorite artist as being 8 Ball and MJG, T.I., Z-Ro, Rick Ross, Jay Z, Kanye West, Bone Thugs N Harmony, Scarface, & Snoop Dogg, but none of them being his inspiration for jumping into Hip Hop.




2k gives his reason here"I've always been musically inclined instrumentally ,or vocally when I started really experiencing the struggles of life it became a gateway for me to relieve stress. I owe it all to Keveon Shaw for teaching me the Art of Rap! " 2k not only brings in your face reality to the rap game but brings soul to the table along with passion ,and the hunger to succeed! I bring lyricism I dont listen to the radio, and I barely do cds unless I'm on a road trip. I dont want to adapt to NO ONE!!! I just wanna stay 2K.



The last project I dropped was an EP not a Mixtape entitled "Golden Grapes and MiniatureGiraffes(@djwhutitdew)http://indy.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/12905/2k_tha_murdaman_golden_grapes_miniature_giraffes.htm "That's wassup keeping it 100 is the only way to go in life and with you doing that longevity will be your reward.

2k talks about his new Video


"The video was in Vegas Jan. 5th as a collaborated effort with my man Bugsi. Flash Brown is my brother so with me being there, and him being nominated for the AVN Awards he was able to be there and support me in the visual effort we were trying to portray.The record is called "My Swag"the video should be finalized by January 18th, and will be submitted to ALL MEDIA SITES! (on the adult filming side and the musical world).Its a very expensive video that was shot with over 60,000 dollars worth of equipment! The casting consisted of Adult Filming stars, Hip Hop associates, and friends to include locals of Las Vegas." I want an exclusive of this video premiere for my site!!!




"2K is a very serious and focused artist! I work hard for my children and I won"t allow a person who says he "raps" ,and really is just riding around in the car listening to himself derail me from my prime objective! Pardon me......I don"t fuck around when it comes to my dream and my way of life. This is how I feed my family ya heard me! I'm born and raised in Memphis, Tn. I left Memphis along time ago and considering the environment I came up in, it was the best move for me at the time! Don't get it twisted, I put on for my City!!! I just do it in a different way from those that never left.


I'm trying to make music that will last forever not for the moment, I think and pray too hard daily on how I want to prevail in this Industry!!!!
Music is all I got if I lose that I'm nothing, and I'm willing to work with anyone as long as they're about business!I ain't just get into this shit I've been fucked over by Labels, fucked over by all you can think in this game. I took it all as a learning lesson and readjusted myself real gonna recognize real off top, if we cross paths in this walk of life believe that Jack!" Well it sounds like you really are clear on who you are, and what you expect out of this industry which is great, because a lot people get into stuff expecting it to be a cake walk, and not really wanting to put in all the work that goes with it.


2k talks about his collabos


"I've done tons of collabs, I've done lots of ghost writing for records you dance to in the clubs that I got no recognition for. Those are one of those life lessons I had to learn as a starving artist! I've performed with alot of mainstream artist! (there's a difference between opening for and performing with. I said performed)
I'm willing to collab with anyone I'm always up for the challenge. Its always been my mission to defeat anyone I'm working with, that's just the competitor in me! I've said this a million times but I'd love to collab with Rick Ross(BIG MEECH), I've been on the same stage as him but I'd like to lock horns on a record with him.



2k on his personal style


"Hmmmmmmm..... My Personal style...... This is crazy because when I'm recording I'm in tha dark with black lights and candles and incense burning!!!! I drink Crown Royal alot when I'm being creative, I use those things to unlock myself and provide what I feel my listeners expect! I can say my style can probably be called unortodox some have said to see me work is like seeing a possessed genius operate. Some say I'm a Machine!!! It is what it is,I'm humbled and grateful for hip hop! I dig within me and just let it flow!

As far as labels! I've been dealing with labels since 99 (Priority Records) through the time while I was in the service (So So Def) all the way to this present day. My last sit down was with Lenny Santiago from Def Jam in 09. I have a situation possibly bubbling right now but i will hold that tucked in,I'm kinda superstitious. Don't wanna speak it until its a reality ya dig!" Totally understand as long as I get to write about it first we good.lol When 2k is handling business you can find him styled in a business casual blazer, button down shirts, some fly denim, completed with some exclusive kicks.





2k talks about more than just Rap for his future


"I'd love to give acting and modeling fashionable clothing a try! I'm 6'4 220lbs so the modeling thing shouldn't be a problem unless they're disscriminate against my tattoos, (hey I'ma handsome dude they can overlook that, slap some make up on it or something like they did bow wow in lottery ticket lol). I always been the comedian type and always had a great personality, so if I can remember all of these songs I know I can memorize some lines for the big screen!!!! (if any are interested Get At Me)www.twitter.com/2KthaMurdaman"

Lol that's wassup homie your multi-talented and that's a great trait to have under your belt, because so many people get stuck in one dimension and that's not how you gain an empire.






Best Place to Chill in Your City






"I can't really speak on Memphis because I don't live there, and probably visit twice a year. However I can say the best time to go to Memphis is the whole month of May for the Memphis in May Festival. I live in Honolulu, Hi, now and I'm still learning the place but I've had fun at a spot called Rumors and Senior Frogs! I'm not out that often because I'm a Lab Rat (always in the studio)."

Location:North, Memphis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urban Insider talks Model Behavior with Mr. Alex Dominguez of RED Models NYC

With it now being officially spring and actually feeling like it, I thought what better way to celebrate than bringing in a little model behavior. Models often showcase the best of what the average person aspires to look like, from the clothes, the height, and even their hair. We chatted with Mr. Alex Dominguez for the proper insight, and here are our results....... Tell us a little about yourself such as where you are from, age, and for those who aren't familiar what agency you are currently signed with..... I was born Alexander P Dominguez in Washington DC on December 4th, and have resided in Prince George's county Maryland for most of my life. I graduated from Frostburg State university with a degree in Criminal Justice. I come from a good traditional Filipino family, and I am presently represented by RED model management NY. What was it and when was it that make you first take an interest in becoming a male model..... I really had no intentions of

Rico Hundo Gives UrbanInsider a Taste of "Trinkin Trinkin"

Not all of our interviews and features are very long and drawn out, sometimes we just wanna hit our mark with the subject we are talking about. Today we are talking about Rico Hundo, and officially welcoming him into the UrbanInsider family, which had all to do with the fact that he has the complete package, if you ever get a chance to watch his "Instastory" please do "lil whores", he was literally born for this and I can see his light, I would say he shines from within, so you wanna see his posts, you wanna hear him talk, you wanna know what he's doing next because you can tell it's organically who he is. We caught up with this rising star to continue the promo of his incredible ''Latin fused" new track "Trinkin Trinkin" oh and he helped us get the words right lol.........Oh we almost forgot to mention he knows another favorite "Dominicana" of ours CARDI!!!!!!!! Tweet So first of all I wanna it’s a pleasur

Spotlight On:The New It Girl Jessica Burciaga

She has it all from the girl next door appeal, to extreme sex appeal. I first took notice of her when I saw the Jamie Foxx ft Drake "Fall For Your Type" video and to be honest I had to take a sceond glance because I really thought that she was JLO. It wasnt until recently when I actually found out who this stunning beauty is who looks like she could be Jennifer Lopez's little sister. Jessica Burciaga (born April 11, 1983) is an American model . Her father is Mexican and her mother is French and Irish . She was selected to be Playboy's February 2009 Playmate of the Month .   I think we are just starting to see the beginning of the beautiful Jessica, and that she has alot more in store......