Skip to main content

Up&Coming Actor/Model Darrell Abernathy Welcomes UrbanInsider to Atlanta







Let's start this interview by introducing yourself to the readers, like where you are from, name and age.....


Hey my name is Darrell Abernathy, and I am from Douglasville, Ga. which is metro Atlanta area for who are familiar with it . Yes I'm a suburban kid deep down ahaa, currently I am 20 years old, but will be 21 on the 27th of September, that's right around the corner.


Now I was just looking at your IG and it appears that you are a very busy man, modeling, acting, and the clothing website how in the world do you do it all......

Yeah , I would say I am a very busy guy, but I am busy on my own time line. I like to keep myself busy and entertained, between modeling, acting, having my own business, being a full time student at Georgia state University and working with my family insurance agency. I do my best to make it easy on myself dealing with my time, I try to think of it as I live in my world so I control my time.

Out of the three things that I just named, which one do you have the most passion for and why.....

I am most passionate about the entrepreneur side of my life. Even though I enjoy the being in front of a camera I have always been the business savvy type man. I like being able to pay myself instead of it being paid to help someone else's dreams come true. Growing up my father always made it clear that it was always better to provide for yourself and to stand as a king. That being embedded into my everyday life made me want to live up to the words that was always preached to me. 


Now I also saw this posting for "The Body vs. Graffiti Project", tell us about that, who all is involved, how long it's been in the works, and most importantly what it's about....


The Body vs. Graffiti project is an idea that a collective group of us came up with . My manager Ja'me Almonte and two others that also model Quinton Mack and Ivan Harden came up with this idea of pretty much giving a visual of being black kings of different shades and sizes in the society, we all have different looks, and been through different things in life, but as black males we still see ourselves as kings, every person should treat themselves as royalty. What we are doing is making pretty much a promotional modeling/acting video to give a chance for everyone to network, and explore their talents with visual representation of dominant kings. We set up submissions for any female who wanted to participate in this vision of ours, it is going to be quite a surprise for the people who want to view it, so I'd rather not give the details of the structure of how it's going to play out . The public will just have to wait and watch when it comes out which will be around the end of the year, we will release it on our social media pages, so go follow @darrell_abernathy on IG !


You are based in Atlanta correct, currently the "Black Hollywood", what film projects have you been involved in, and moving forward who you most like to work with in the industry, also if you could pick a dream role what would it be......

Yes, I am based out of Atlanta where everywhere you go there is a movie scene set up happening, currently I haven't jumped too deep into the acting side of my career, I've only been in a few short films, and played extra roles in many movies and TV shows as hobbies. In the future I plan on perfecting my craft and taking the opportunity that Atlanta brings to play bigger roles in films, some people who I would be ecstatic to work with in the near future are figures like Will Smith, Michael Ealy, and Terrence Howard. I grew up watching them and they all star in my favorite movies and TV shows, it would be a true honor to work with those guys . If I could pick a dream role to play , I would like to play in a movie being the worlds most interesting man, lmao I feel that I will dominate that role of action and excitement while also being a smooth savvy adventurous figure.



Preparing for a role or modeling gig, how do you put yourself in the proper head space in order to get into character......


When I prepare for a show or scene I really just stay in a calm matter of relaxation. I would make sure that I am level headed and open to the task I have to do. Sometimes I like to do a lil meditation just to help myself focus and not be distracted by the things outside of my goals and aspirations.




To keep in good physical shape how often are you in the gym, and do follow any specific diet regimen.......


As a former collegiate track runner it is really hard for me to get out of shape, before I started doing all of this I was sports 24/7 track, basketball, and football, so till this day I never had an issue with being active and working out. There is no lazy bone in my body aha ,and for the ones who understand what a decathlete had to go through to stay in top shape to preform you know that it is not easy at all, but benefits in the long run of life. Currently I go to the gym about 3 times a week just to get the pleasure of "feeling the burn" I can admit on some occasions that I miss leg day more than I should, but the motivation will be back and better than ever. My diet regimen consist of mostly chicken and sea food as well as plenty of fruits and vegetables , I try my best to stay away from beef and desserts. One thing about my healthy lifestyle is I don't eat fast food at all and I only drink water, WATER WATER WATER is the key to life, but that's just my opinion.


Going back to an earlier part of the interview, the clothing website is dope, how did you get involved in design......



My clothing website StretchxFlex.com is a women's active wear apparel online store.  I researched the ways of drop shipping, so the clothes in the store aren't my designs I just resell them, but I do know how to pick out a good set of clothing and styles that women are attracted too. I got into this business simply because I needed a income to fuel my modeling and acting aspirations. You have to invest into yourself in anything you do to get to where you want to be in life, so this was a way to do so.


Have you done any fashion week shows yet......


I have been to Miami fashion week and also New York fashion week in the Walk Fashion Show, being that I am almost still new to modeling just doing it for almost 6 months now I am striving to get into the bigger more extravagant fashion shows, and know that it will come soon enough.

What is the most important thing that people understand about you......

The most important thing people understand about me is my consistency in the work I do. When it comes to getting something done, I make it happen. That is one of the qualities about me that will bring me to success, also that I present a dominant presence, anywhere I step into. I present myself as a leader and approachable figure to anybody, I am a very open minded person and challenge myself to look through more than just my perspective of life . 




Name five things you can't live without......


Number one on my list is my family they are my support system and are here for everything I do. Second I wouldn't be able to live without my mentality to explore new things and ideas, I am always putting a hand in new ideas and adventures to keep myself lively . Third would be my passport, got to have that to get to the places I want to go to in the near future. Fourth is food! I love trying new foods from different cultures, yes I admit I sometimes cheat my diet regiment, but you would too if you had an interest in trying everything. Fifth would be my crystals, I am more of a spiritual guy and I have to have at least one of my crystals on me to keep the good energy and balance.

Where do you see yourself in 5years.....

In 5 years I see myself living comfortably in maybe L.A. or Toronto, successfully fulfilling my dreams and being able to make money in my sleep. I see myself as an international figure of success helping others follow there path to success and strengthening everyone who stayed on this journey with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urban Insider talks Model Behavior with Mr. Alex Dominguez of RED Models NYC

With it now being officially spring and actually feeling like it, I thought what better way to celebrate than bringing in a little model behavior. Models often showcase the best of what the average person aspires to look like, from the clothes, the height, and even their hair. We chatted with Mr. Alex Dominguez for the proper insight, and here are our results....... Tell us a little about yourself such as where you are from, age, and for those who aren't familiar what agency you are currently signed with..... I was born Alexander P Dominguez in Washington DC on December 4th, and have resided in Prince George's county Maryland for most of my life. I graduated from Frostburg State university with a degree in Criminal Justice. I come from a good traditional Filipino family, and I am presently represented by RED model management NY. What was it and when was it that make you first take an interest in becoming a male model..... I really had no intentions of

Rico Hundo Gives UrbanInsider a Taste of "Trinkin Trinkin"

Not all of our interviews and features are very long and drawn out, sometimes we just wanna hit our mark with the subject we are talking about. Today we are talking about Rico Hundo, and officially welcoming him into the UrbanInsider family, which had all to do with the fact that he has the complete package, if you ever get a chance to watch his "Instastory" please do "lil whores", he was literally born for this and I can see his light, I would say he shines from within, so you wanna see his posts, you wanna hear him talk, you wanna know what he's doing next because you can tell it's organically who he is. We caught up with this rising star to continue the promo of his incredible ''Latin fused" new track "Trinkin Trinkin" oh and he helped us get the words right lol.........Oh we almost forgot to mention he knows another favorite "Dominicana" of ours CARDI!!!!!!!! Tweet So first of all I wanna it’s a pleasur

Spotlight On:The New It Girl Jessica Burciaga

She has it all from the girl next door appeal, to extreme sex appeal. I first took notice of her when I saw the Jamie Foxx ft Drake "Fall For Your Type" video and to be honest I had to take a sceond glance because I really thought that she was JLO. It wasnt until recently when I actually found out who this stunning beauty is who looks like she could be Jennifer Lopez's little sister. Jessica Burciaga (born April 11, 1983) is an American model . Her father is Mexican and her mother is French and Irish . She was selected to be Playboy's February 2009 Playmate of the Month .   I think we are just starting to see the beginning of the beautiful Jessica, and that she has alot more in store......