Skip to main content

Urban Insider Learns Why Singer/Songwriter Steph Porter is So Dope





To build this brand I'm always collaborating with established as well as new talent, seeing as though my home state of Mississippi is filled with deserving talent I didn't have to go far. I took one listen to his single "It's All Good", and I am definitely a believer, his voice puts you in the mind of New Orleans singer Lloyd. The song has a strong crossover appeal because of the pop-like breakdown in the chorus, so whoever is the brains on his production team is guiding this dynamic song , and Steph's career in the right direction. Steph sent over his bio along with the questions from our interview, take a gander below and be on the look out for his song "It's All Good", available on platforms all over this month!!!!

"With dozens of thousands of young music hopefuls on the scene, arrives the fresh take on urban artistry that is Steph Porter. The 21-year-old up-and-coming Rhythm Pop artist is making his music debut with a Mantra-produced pop love anthem entitled “It's All Good.” His thoughtful lyrics and uniquely delivered vocals, paired together with a nothing short of stellar instrumental, are definitely a recipe for pure Hot 100 gold. Hailing from Mccomb, MS, Steph is a small town boy with big city dreams. Lead roles in high school musical productions, such as Scarecrow in The Wiz, afforded him an early outlet to polish his vast skill set. Although as a child he was apt to several talents such as academics, drawing, performing, and writing, Steph has ultimately found a way to hone all of these in his creative process that involves writing, tracking, and designing the visual concepts for all of his musical projects. Listeners can expect a diverse range of experimental sounds from sultry psychedelic jams to melodic dancehall bangers, but one thing that’s consistent is the creative thumbprint that separates a Steph Porter track from the rest.

Steph has big shoes to fill with musical inspirations such as Beyonce, Michael Jackson, Justin Timberlake, and Chris Brown; however, his air of confidence and extraordinary level of sheer determination for success make him a force to be reckoned with. He is the true epitome of a creatively well-rounded individual, lacking nothing but the flame of global exposure that, once ignited, will spark up some uncontrollable heat on the music scene. Always remaining modest, he continues to attribute his rising success to the support of his loving mother, which says a lot about the foundation that this artist is built on. Steph is truly a star that will shine brightly in the hearts of all who connect with his art. Working day in and day out to bring passion to his content, Steph Porter is clearly an artist to keep both eyes on."


I see this "Unsigned Only Finalist" in your bio, tell us about that....



Unsigned only is an annuals music competition for emerging artists that are not under a label. The grand prize winner receives $20,000 and a label mentorship. My unreleased single "It's All Good", made me one of 120 finalists chosen out of over 6,000 entries. The Voting portion is to award a viewer's choice recipient. I was not chosen as a winner, but an honorable mention that can be seen here:
https://unsignedonly.com/winners





Now I am a researcher which is something I pride myself on, however I couldn't find anything out about you from looking on the internet, is that something that is intentional, or was I just not looking in the right places.....

I sing, dance, act, and model.


Name 5 things that Steph can't see himself without.....


I can’t see myself without internet, music, food, sleep, and my day ones.



Your single "It's All Good", who was all involved in creating that, and when and where will we be able to hear it.....



It’s All Good will be released on all platforms next month so I’d like this interview to be posted closer to the release date.

What I see that I like that is a very marketable trait in this industry is that you are a songwriter, being able to write your own songs is a talent even some of the top artists don't have, in terms of publishing you get to make more money off of your own craft, how long does it take you to develop not only a topic, but a poetic flow if you will in order to create a song.....

My writing style always stems from inspiration in the form of production (instrumentals). I listen to the beat and form a melody that I record in my voice memos. Then once I memorize the melody I write the lyrics.

I will say that is also a great marketing tool, you have an artist with this great but vague social media page, it makes people want to know more than just the pictures, like what's behind that, can Steph sing, and dance as well as he photographs, I will be honest there are so many artists who don't have that full package anymore, with that being said has Steph had any professional artist development yet and if so from whom......

I recently had a meeting with a notable production team that could potentially put together an artist development/ publishing deal.


I also see that you are actor, what projects have you been involved in, and do you currently have any in the works.....


Latest acting role was in a 90s RandB musical called “Hype” where I played Ricky Knight: https://youtu.be/iScOxA_boJ0


On a daily who is Steph listening to besides himself musically....



On a daily I’m listening to SZA, Shawn Mendes, PartyNextDoor, 2 Chainz, Drake, Brandy, Chris Brown, and Beyonce.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urban Insider talks Model Behavior with Mr. Alex Dominguez of RED Models NYC

With it now being officially spring and actually feeling like it, I thought what better way to celebrate than bringing in a little model behavior. Models often showcase the best of what the average person aspires to look like, from the clothes, the height, and even their hair. We chatted with Mr. Alex Dominguez for the proper insight, and here are our results....... Tell us a little about yourself such as where you are from, age, and for those who aren't familiar what agency you are currently signed with..... I was born Alexander P Dominguez in Washington DC on December 4th, and have resided in Prince George's county Maryland for most of my life. I graduated from Frostburg State university with a degree in Criminal Justice. I come from a good traditional Filipino family, and I am presently represented by RED model management NY. What was it and when was it that make you first take an interest in becoming a male model..... I really had no intentions of

Rico Hundo Gives UrbanInsider a Taste of "Trinkin Trinkin"

Not all of our interviews and features are very long and drawn out, sometimes we just wanna hit our mark with the subject we are talking about. Today we are talking about Rico Hundo, and officially welcoming him into the UrbanInsider family, which had all to do with the fact that he has the complete package, if you ever get a chance to watch his "Instastory" please do "lil whores", he was literally born for this and I can see his light, I would say he shines from within, so you wanna see his posts, you wanna hear him talk, you wanna know what he's doing next because you can tell it's organically who he is. We caught up with this rising star to continue the promo of his incredible ''Latin fused" new track "Trinkin Trinkin" oh and he helped us get the words right lol.........Oh we almost forgot to mention he knows another favorite "Dominicana" of ours CARDI!!!!!!!! Tweet So first of all I wanna it’s a pleasur

Spotlight On:The New It Girl Jessica Burciaga

She has it all from the girl next door appeal, to extreme sex appeal. I first took notice of her when I saw the Jamie Foxx ft Drake "Fall For Your Type" video and to be honest I had to take a sceond glance because I really thought that she was JLO. It wasnt until recently when I actually found out who this stunning beauty is who looks like she could be Jennifer Lopez's little sister. Jessica Burciaga (born April 11, 1983) is an American model . Her father is Mexican and her mother is French and Irish . She was selected to be Playboy's February 2009 Playmate of the Month .   I think we are just starting to see the beginning of the beautiful Jessica, and that she has alot more in store......