Skip to main content

Fresh Off The Presses With Atl's Crunk Mag Graphic Designer Mr.Marcus Wise



Obviously 1911 was a year for men destined for greatness, because I recently made the acquaintance of one by the name of Marcus Wisepictured to the left Marcus is more than just a member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc, he is also the Graphic Designer of the Atlanta based Crunk Magazine. Marcus is originally from Albany GA, but lives in  Lawrenceville, Ga he studied Graphic Design in school. Marcus just graduated this past summer from the University of West Georgia, and has a friend who is writing for CRUNK who told him the CEO of CRUNK, Desmick Perkins was looking for designers, and she gave him a call.."It was a blessing…God is GREAT" He sure is and he came right on time ."CRUNK Magazine is a quarterly publication that focuses on the culture of the Hip Hop generation through insightful journalism that reflects the integrity of the streets".


Marcus on what the readers can Expect from Crunk Magazine


" Right now CRUNK is going in a new direction, before CRUNK’s content was 95% music. Now it will be considered a lifestyle entertainment magazine that covers all aspects of life". That's definitely wassup I feel the same way about my website I think anything you do in life should be tailored towards the masses, you wanna reach all people.


Marcus explains exactly what Graphic Design entails


"Graphic Design is a very broad field. There is typography, web design, magazine design, and the list goes on. It’s a very competitive field that is always evolving though." Interesting so I guess that means anybody who is looking to get into this has have the drive and determination it takes to reach the top. Below are a few samples of the work Marcus does:

This one is a Gestalt Pattern he did

Here is a Magazine Spread he's done I FIND HIS WORK VERY DETAIL ORIENTED, AND IT'S JUST AMAZING TO SAY THE LEAST IT SEEMS AS THOUGH HE DEFINITELY HAS THE ARTISTIC EDGE TO MAINTAIN LONGEVITY IN THIS FIELD!!!!!


Marcus discusses his future goals


"My goals are to return to school in a few years and get a Masters of Fine Arts degree with a concentration in Graphic Design and work for Major League Baseball in their Creative Design Dept."Now that's major I wish you all the best in your future and current endeavor's.


Songs Marcus Currently has in Heavy Rotation


"I listen to a bit of everything, but I have J. Cole and Phil Wade mixtape in rotation at the moment and a little Adele." I'm with you on that Adele tip I love her song Chasing Pavements.


Marcus describes his Personal Style


"I’m a laid back dude who likes engaging conversation and hanging with like minded people.  I’m not really into labels like that, but you can catch me in some chucks, a cartoon tee, and any kind of jeans (no one sees the tag on jeans lol)." I hear you but since I got you on the website I think I might be able to convince you to venture out just a tad bit...lol


Best Place to Chill in your City


"The best place to hang is Atlantic Station in downtown Atlanta. You can catch a bite to eat, shop, watch a movie, and club. Everything is in walking distance from each other. " Sounds like my kind of place

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urban Insider talks Model Behavior with Mr. Alex Dominguez of RED Models NYC

With it now being officially spring and actually feeling like it, I thought what better way to celebrate than bringing in a little model behavior. Models often showcase the best of what the average person aspires to look like, from the clothes, the height, and even their hair. We chatted with Mr. Alex Dominguez for the proper insight, and here are our results....... Tell us a little about yourself such as where you are from, age, and for those who aren't familiar what agency you are currently signed with..... I was born Alexander P Dominguez in Washington DC on December 4th, and have resided in Prince George's county Maryland for most of my life. I graduated from Frostburg State university with a degree in Criminal Justice. I come from a good traditional Filipino family, and I am presently represented by RED model management NY. What was it and when was it that make you first take an interest in becoming a male model..... I really had no intentions of

Rico Hundo Gives UrbanInsider a Taste of "Trinkin Trinkin"

Not all of our interviews and features are very long and drawn out, sometimes we just wanna hit our mark with the subject we are talking about. Today we are talking about Rico Hundo, and officially welcoming him into the UrbanInsider family, which had all to do with the fact that he has the complete package, if you ever get a chance to watch his "Instastory" please do "lil whores", he was literally born for this and I can see his light, I would say he shines from within, so you wanna see his posts, you wanna hear him talk, you wanna know what he's doing next because you can tell it's organically who he is. We caught up with this rising star to continue the promo of his incredible ''Latin fused" new track "Trinkin Trinkin" oh and he helped us get the words right lol.........Oh we almost forgot to mention he knows another favorite "Dominicana" of ours CARDI!!!!!!!! Tweet So first of all I wanna it’s a pleasur

Spotlight On:The New It Girl Jessica Burciaga

She has it all from the girl next door appeal, to extreme sex appeal. I first took notice of her when I saw the Jamie Foxx ft Drake "Fall For Your Type" video and to be honest I had to take a sceond glance because I really thought that she was JLO. It wasnt until recently when I actually found out who this stunning beauty is who looks like she could be Jennifer Lopez's little sister. Jessica Burciaga (born April 11, 1983) is an American model . Her father is Mexican and her mother is French and Irish . She was selected to be Playboy's February 2009 Playmate of the Month .   I think we are just starting to see the beginning of the beautiful Jessica, and that she has alot more in store......