Skip to main content

On The Mic With Atl's DJ JDub

FM:Well I usually do my research before I send out these interviews, but I'm kinna going with a blank canvas on this one. So the to get a feel for who you really are lets start with your background, where you are from, what experiences you had that brought you to this point in life, along with your age and name you would prefer to be called.



Dj Jdub:Birthplace: Cleavland Ave Hometown: Atlanta, GA Kerry Ruffin Jr., M.M.I (Making Moves Inc)'s Vice President's, Lil brother, DJ J Dub, started his grind 2 be a DJ at the age of 15 ,he started using virtual dj and other software on his laptop until he got his equipment at da age of 17, and here he is now, a known DJ in MMI and Co-CEO of Cloud High Committee & Coast2Coast DJs My Email for Mixtape and songs you would like to have heard by the world is:JDubExclusives@gmail.com

FM:So Dj/Artist which is more important to you as far focusing on what you want your brand to be recognized as?



Dj Jdub: What I want my brand (MMI, Making Moves Inc.) (Cloud High Committee) (Coast2Coast DJs) to be recognized as, we are made up of hard working individuals. M.M.I. was made by L.A. Da Boomman (@BOOMMAN_MMI) he started it in February 2003 after he signed Roscoe Dash in 2010. We have been heard everywhere around the state of Georgia. L.A. Da Boomman is currently workin on a project now, he plans to release it sometime in April. Now Cloud High Committee was made by me (@DJJDub_MMI) and my brother Tristen (@Tristen_MMI) in November 2010 we have been recruiting members for our promo team. They have to be dedicated and hard working. We recently got our name out there from the release on March 25th my mixtape "J Dub Exclusives Vol. 1 on datpiff.com, coast2coastmixtapes.com, hotnewhiphop.com, and mixtapefactory.com. and i am also in the Coast2Coast DJ Coalition which is also full of dedicated DJs.


FM:Let's discuss your projects what do you have out and where can we get these projects,and moving forward what can we expect from you next?




Dj Jdub:As of right now I, DJ J Dub, have out 2 mixtapes right now "Go Time" by Kid Cyphers and "J Dub Exclusives Vol. 1" they are both on datpiff.com. In April i will have a continuation of my mixtape series, J Dub Exclusives, J Dub Exclusives Vol. 2 will be coming in april on datpiff.com. Be on the lookout for that one

FM:People in the industry you've worked with name them all, and who are you looking forward to working with?

Dj Jdub:The People in the music industry i have worked with include L.A. Da Boomman, Rocko, Money Makin Slick, this list also include alot of indy artist like Y.R.L., Lil P Da Keepa, Cashout Bosses, Kid Cyphers and more. In the future i plan to work with more big name artists from Lil Wayne & Young Money. Brick Squad, and more.



FM:Musical style and influence as far as that goes who would you say has had the biggest impact on you?


Dj Jdub:The people that have had the biggest impact on me are my Mom and my Grandma (R.I.P.) they have been there for me since day one, and another big impact is my brother, Kerry Ruffin Jr., he has always been there too and kept giving me encouragement. M.M.I. & Cloud High Committee have had my back through thick and thin.

FM:Songs you can't live without top 5

Dj Jdub: The top 5 songs i can't live without are 1. L.A. Da Boomman Feat. Roscoe Dash - They Say (Prod. By. K.E. On The Track) this is the song that i basically live by.."They say you ain't doing nothing til you getting money" 2. Y.R.L. - See You Later (Prod. By Two Seventeen) 3. Future- Greatest Show On Earth 4. Dem Kodak Boyz Feat. L.A. Da Boomman- Takeover ( 5. Cashout Bosses- Gettin Money

FM:Things you can't live without name as many as you can

Dj Jub:The Things i can't live without are my laptop, , turntables, my mic, headphones, music, dedication, money, and my teams


FM:Personal style describe and the designers you incorporate into it


Dj Jub:My Personal style is to always satisfy the people you work with and put everything i have into every project i work on.



FM:Places you love hanging out in or out of where you are currently located?

Dj Jub:The places i like to hang out at are the mall, studio, or the club


Link For J Dub Exclusives Vol. 1: http://www.coast2coastmixtapes.com/mixtapes/mixtapedetail.aspx/j-dub-exclusives-vol-1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urban Insider talks Model Behavior with Mr. Alex Dominguez of RED Models NYC

With it now being officially spring and actually feeling like it, I thought what better way to celebrate than bringing in a little model behavior. Models often showcase the best of what the average person aspires to look like, from the clothes, the height, and even their hair. We chatted with Mr. Alex Dominguez for the proper insight, and here are our results....... Tell us a little about yourself such as where you are from, age, and for those who aren't familiar what agency you are currently signed with..... I was born Alexander P Dominguez in Washington DC on December 4th, and have resided in Prince George's county Maryland for most of my life. I graduated from Frostburg State university with a degree in Criminal Justice. I come from a good traditional Filipino family, and I am presently represented by RED model management NY. What was it and when was it that make you first take an interest in becoming a male model..... I really had no intentions of

Rico Hundo Gives UrbanInsider a Taste of "Trinkin Trinkin"

Not all of our interviews and features are very long and drawn out, sometimes we just wanna hit our mark with the subject we are talking about. Today we are talking about Rico Hundo, and officially welcoming him into the UrbanInsider family, which had all to do with the fact that he has the complete package, if you ever get a chance to watch his "Instastory" please do "lil whores", he was literally born for this and I can see his light, I would say he shines from within, so you wanna see his posts, you wanna hear him talk, you wanna know what he's doing next because you can tell it's organically who he is. We caught up with this rising star to continue the promo of his incredible ''Latin fused" new track "Trinkin Trinkin" oh and he helped us get the words right lol.........Oh we almost forgot to mention he knows another favorite "Dominicana" of ours CARDI!!!!!!!! Tweet So first of all I wanna it’s a pleasur

Spotlight On:The New It Girl Jessica Burciaga

She has it all from the girl next door appeal, to extreme sex appeal. I first took notice of her when I saw the Jamie Foxx ft Drake "Fall For Your Type" video and to be honest I had to take a sceond glance because I really thought that she was JLO. It wasnt until recently when I actually found out who this stunning beauty is who looks like she could be Jennifer Lopez's little sister. Jessica Burciaga (born April 11, 1983) is an American model . Her father is Mexican and her mother is French and Irish . She was selected to be Playboy's February 2009 Playmate of the Month .   I think we are just starting to see the beginning of the beautiful Jessica, and that she has alot more in store......