Skip to main content

Vh1's FootballWives Fashionista Mercedes Nelson




I recently got a chance chop it up with the classy, intelligent, and beautiful football wives fashionista Mercedes Nelson. Mercedes is originally from Suriname a small country in South America, bordering Brazil. Mercedes has a huge love for Suriname which she first left at the age of 15. It was a huge step in her life, and it definitely brought brand new experiences upon her starting in a country in which she barely knew the language. Suriname is where most of her family still resides,"its my pride and joyful little secret", she states. Mercedes also loves the fact that most people haven't heard of it, which she feels is understandable since its a tiny country. The country is very tropical, with a stable climate of about 89 degrees everyday (man would I love that, sounds like heaven). The sun doesn't go down until 7:30 pm all year round..."now tell me where I can find that in the U.S.",says Mercedes with a smile. The typical day for Mercedes differs since school just started, she gets up early and takes her dogs out. She then comes back home, makes her breakfast&coffee, then heads to her morning gym classes. Mercedes then comes home, showers, hits the books to read("reading assignments in Grad. school are no joke"). If she has anytime left over before night class, she indulges herself in making clothes or jewelry. After night class she comes home to unwind, and starts some homework or reading for the next day til she falls asleep. Mercedes currently resides in the Sherman Oaks area in California which a very exclusive area. Quite a Mogul already if you ask me!!!

MERCI-BELLE(GRATEFUL BEAUTY)


Merci-Belle is the name of the name of her clothing line, which literally translates into Grateful Beauty a phrase easily applicable to designer herself. Meri-Belle is designed for the type of lady who values herself highly and respects herself. The clothes are classy, but still form fitting to bring out one's own sex appeal. Merci-Belle can be viewed and purchased on Mercedes website: www.mercedesnelson.com. Merci-Belle reflects her own personal style, and she wouldn't have it designed any other way. "If I can't see myself wearing it, its pointless to expect someone else to want to wear it." "I make it a point to wear my own clother as much as possible, all my outfits worn in "Football Wives" were my own." Meri-Belle is different from other lines in that Mercedes personally, hand picks her fabrics, cuts, desgins and sews the fabric all herself. "I don't take other people's products and re-design them like some designers do." "Lots of people call themselves designers, and have never sat behind a sewing machine." "I think Merci-Belle is my baby, and I am constantly trying to improve my skills to satisfy my clients more each time, it's a process for me, a process I put my full heart, sweat and tears into. Not many"designers" these days can say that. I know I have some ways to go, but that's the joy behind it.


Highly Intellectual Educational Background and even Higher Goals
Much like myself Mercedes comes from a very studious background,"My mother is the brightest woman I know",says Mercedes. With very esteemed accreditation her mother is now going for her second doctorate, and is a great professor at a private University. Mercedes is not only following in her footsteps, but has a natural love for learning. Mercedes love for learning encompasses learning about the mind, and why people behave the way they do, hence her major being Psychology with an emphasis in Marriage&Family Therapy.


Mercedes just graduated Summa Cum-Laude from Woodbury University, and is continuing her masters at Pepperdine University. "I hope to graduate soon, and continue with my doctorate and open my private clinic", it's a long road but worth traveling",she says smiling again!My biggest inspirations are my family, and my own personal drive. I push myself to my full limits simply because I would hate to ever be unsatisfied with myself and think " I shouldve or I couldve". Instead I think : I can, I will so I am! I am doing as much as I can both career and education wise. I love making both my family and myself pride. In a nutshell that combined would be my driving force. I wish more ladies were as driven and educated as Mercedes because we would have an entirely different population of children. All the best of success to you Mercedes in you very ingenious endeavors.



Her Experience on VH1's hit reality tv-show produced by Shaunie O'Neal


Mercedes describes her experience with the show as being very interesting, and is


a personal witness that there were no scripts. "Everything said and done was natural and real, at I can say for me it was",states Mercedes. Mercedes hopes that there will be a second season, however there is no final word on that.

The Fashion Incident with co-star Chanita Foster


Mercedes hasn't spoken with Chanita since the incident, has no hard feelings against her, and is certain the same goes for Chanita. "I'm sure that us living in two completely different states, and both being extremely busy adds to us not really having had any extensive convos.

Mercedes on rocking other labels and She by Sheree


She starts off laughing....and says" I currently rock Meri-Belle with a smile, I don't really rock other labels that often, if ever. Im kind of stubborn in that if I see something I really like, I prefer the challenge of going home and designing it myself over buying it and taking the chance of 5000 women having the same outfit. If I wear a label, it most likely was a gift from someone else. As for She by Sheree, never really rocked any of her stuff. But hey, I support people who are serious about their craft, so maybe one day if I receive a piece of her line as a gift, I will rock it".

Mercedes on Men's Fashion
"I like what I see out there for men these days. I think the men's fashion industry has taken some major steps of stepping outside the box of boring shirts & jeans. I like the unique looks Ive been seeing. As for a men's line from Merci-Belle,... not so much! lol. I am not really specialized in men's fashion and therefore wouldnt want to take the chance creating something just to do it."


Recording Artist Mercedes is currently feeling
"It depends on my mood and what Im doing. If Im getting ready for a night out I'd play anyone from a Rihanna-"only girl in the world" to The Ting Tings- "Thats not my name". In the gym I prefer songs such as Akon- "grindin'", T.I- "winner", Lil Wayne & Eminem etc.. you know the typical hyped up songs.
However, when Im at home reading or out driving, I prefer beautiful songs from artist such as Sting, Seal, Fiona Apple or Diana Krall. Those songs are so meaningful and inspiring to me."


You won't really catch this fashionista drinking alcohol and this is why,"Im allergic to alcohol so I dont really drink unless its for the fun of a social gathering. If and when I drink I only do one drink and its usually a fruity coconut or pineapple juice mix."


Places Mercedes likes to chill


Any Starbucks, Barnes & Noble & Gyu Kaku restaurant (my fav. japanese rest.) lol. Simple but quality spots!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urban Insider talks Model Behavior with Mr. Alex Dominguez of RED Models NYC

With it now being officially spring and actually feeling like it, I thought what better way to celebrate than bringing in a little model behavior. Models often showcase the best of what the average person aspires to look like, from the clothes, the height, and even their hair. We chatted with Mr. Alex Dominguez for the proper insight, and here are our results....... Tell us a little about yourself such as where you are from, age, and for those who aren't familiar what agency you are currently signed with..... I was born Alexander P Dominguez in Washington DC on December 4th, and have resided in Prince George's county Maryland for most of my life. I graduated from Frostburg State university with a degree in Criminal Justice. I come from a good traditional Filipino family, and I am presently represented by RED model management NY. What was it and when was it that make you first take an interest in becoming a male model..... I really had no intentions of

Rico Hundo Gives UrbanInsider a Taste of "Trinkin Trinkin"

Not all of our interviews and features are very long and drawn out, sometimes we just wanna hit our mark with the subject we are talking about. Today we are talking about Rico Hundo, and officially welcoming him into the UrbanInsider family, which had all to do with the fact that he has the complete package, if you ever get a chance to watch his "Instastory" please do "lil whores", he was literally born for this and I can see his light, I would say he shines from within, so you wanna see his posts, you wanna hear him talk, you wanna know what he's doing next because you can tell it's organically who he is. We caught up with this rising star to continue the promo of his incredible ''Latin fused" new track "Trinkin Trinkin" oh and he helped us get the words right lol.........Oh we almost forgot to mention he knows another favorite "Dominicana" of ours CARDI!!!!!!!! Tweet So first of all I wanna it’s a pleasur

Spotlight On:The New It Girl Jessica Burciaga

She has it all from the girl next door appeal, to extreme sex appeal. I first took notice of her when I saw the Jamie Foxx ft Drake "Fall For Your Type" video and to be honest I had to take a sceond glance because I really thought that she was JLO. It wasnt until recently when I actually found out who this stunning beauty is who looks like she could be Jennifer Lopez's little sister. Jessica Burciaga (born April 11, 1983) is an American model . Her father is Mexican and her mother is French and Irish . She was selected to be Playboy's February 2009 Playmate of the Month .   I think we are just starting to see the beginning of the beautiful Jessica, and that she has alot more in store......