Skip to main content

Mace Boogie The Fresh Prince of MD

The homie Mace Boogie holding it down on the east coast with mad juice, checking in with FM1911 we finna show you how they get it popping! Check out this extra exclusive swag photoshoot inspired by Will Smith's Parents Just don't understand video


FM:For starters let the readers know who you are, your age, and where you grew up at?


MB:I’m a rapper/songwriter, I go by the name of Mace Boogie. I was born in Baltimore, MD and raised in the suburban outskirts (Glen Burnie, MD.) I’m 19 years old, studying Communications at Virginia State University.


FM:What gave you the drive to begin a career in music with it being such a hard industry to break into?


MB:When I was real young I always used to go around making different rhymes, but not until I was 17 did I choose to do music seriously after shocking people in a freestyle battle. I then begin to write songs just about every day. I was just writing about my life and personal experiences, then I began recording and people liked my material and I’ve never looked back since. I feel like I bring something different to Hip-Hop, a message that should be heard.


FM:Who are some musical influences that have inspired you as an artist? And when you write songs where does your mind go?




MB:I really admire Lupe Fiasco, B.o.B. and Kanye West for their originality. I also like deep lyricist such as J. Cole, Talib Kweli, and Mos Def. I’m a moody writer, however I feel or thinking about at the moment is what I write about. My mind goes to another place, I explore in my imagination at times.
FM:As an artist do feel you play an important role and influence on the people who are listening to you, and what image do you want to portray?

MB:Yes I do, I’ve had people tell me my music has touched them, surprisingly or gave them a different outlook on a certain aspect of life. I want the world to see me as someone trying to spread a positive message through music and I want my music to sometimes be fun at times.

FM:What do you feel it takes to have longevity in this industry?

MB:I feel like you have to be original, do something that hasn’t been done before and stay relevant. You also have to develop an image to brand yourself so people can distinguish you from other artisit.



FM:As far as genres do you plan on branding yourself in other markets, and collaborating with other artist, and what artist have you worked with so far? Moving forward who would you like to work with

MB:Yes, I already have branched out to different genre’s such as Pop and Rock. I’ve worked with an aspiring young singer from Richmond, VA named Erin Nicole. A country singer named Lauren Russell, a rapper named Mikey AK from Arizona. I plan to collab with more artist I like bringing two minds to one project. I’d like to work with Lupe Fiasco, Kid Cudi, J Cole, Wiz Khalifa and many more.

FM:Discuss the projects you have out now and please include links




MB:I released a project earlier this year, “Mace Boogie’s Dorm Laboratory” (recorded in my Dorm Room.) http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/en/view-album/7456-mace-boogie%27s-dorm-laboratory-%28hosted-by-jc-jamez%29

I direct and edit my own videos, here’s the music video for a song called “For The Money” on my mixtape.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZsQgwqMv4A

Right now I’m working on a group project for my organization I developed a while back (Intergalactic Movement Entertainment.) It’s entitled “2F2F” (Too Flashy Too Fly) and should be release early summer 2011.

Afterwards, I will be working on another solo project.


FM:Do you aspire to do any work in the film industry?


MB:Yes, as I stated in the other question, I direct and edit my own videos. I plan to develop a portfolio and attend film school in the near future.


FM:Outside of music what interests you in everyday life?


MB:Working out, playing basketball, shopping, and just enjoying life.

FM:As far as clothing what's your personal style?



MB:People know me for the bowtie. But I also like neckties and tend to dress in a professional manner. From time to time I’ll wear some retro or vintage clothing. Just like in my music, I try to be original and creative. I hate wearing what everyone else is wearing. I like to be different.


FM:What are some things you can't live without?

MB:I can’t live without my phone, without it I feel incomplete. Same with my laptop. Also, I can’t live without music, I listen to it everyday.

FM:Favorite place to hangout?

MB:I don’t do too much hanging out, I party sometimes. But I’m usually busy in the studio, looking to book shows or working out trying to stay in shape.





Posted by Your Royal Highness ALI

Location:Baltimore MD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urban Insider talks Model Behavior with Mr. Alex Dominguez of RED Models NYC

With it now being officially spring and actually feeling like it, I thought what better way to celebrate than bringing in a little model behavior. Models often showcase the best of what the average person aspires to look like, from the clothes, the height, and even their hair. We chatted with Mr. Alex Dominguez for the proper insight, and here are our results....... Tell us a little about yourself such as where you are from, age, and for those who aren't familiar what agency you are currently signed with..... I was born Alexander P Dominguez in Washington DC on December 4th, and have resided in Prince George's county Maryland for most of my life. I graduated from Frostburg State university with a degree in Criminal Justice. I come from a good traditional Filipino family, and I am presently represented by RED model management NY. What was it and when was it that make you first take an interest in becoming a male model..... I really had no intentions of

Rico Hundo Gives UrbanInsider a Taste of "Trinkin Trinkin"

Not all of our interviews and features are very long and drawn out, sometimes we just wanna hit our mark with the subject we are talking about. Today we are talking about Rico Hundo, and officially welcoming him into the UrbanInsider family, which had all to do with the fact that he has the complete package, if you ever get a chance to watch his "Instastory" please do "lil whores", he was literally born for this and I can see his light, I would say he shines from within, so you wanna see his posts, you wanna hear him talk, you wanna know what he's doing next because you can tell it's organically who he is. We caught up with this rising star to continue the promo of his incredible ''Latin fused" new track "Trinkin Trinkin" oh and he helped us get the words right lol.........Oh we almost forgot to mention he knows another favorite "Dominicana" of ours CARDI!!!!!!!! Tweet So first of all I wanna it’s a pleasur

Spotlight On:The New It Girl Jessica Burciaga

She has it all from the girl next door appeal, to extreme sex appeal. I first took notice of her when I saw the Jamie Foxx ft Drake "Fall For Your Type" video and to be honest I had to take a sceond glance because I really thought that she was JLO. It wasnt until recently when I actually found out who this stunning beauty is who looks like she could be Jennifer Lopez's little sister. Jessica Burciaga (born April 11, 1983) is an American model . Her father is Mexican and her mother is French and Irish . She was selected to be Playboy's February 2009 Playmate of the Month .   I think we are just starting to see the beginning of the beautiful Jessica, and that she has alot more in store......