Skip to main content

SHAD HITZ (IN HIS OWN ZONE!!!)

So first of all thanks for working with me it's always a pleasure working with someone who has so much drive and versatility within his craft such as this guy. Although his real name is Norris Hill, he uses an abbreviation of his middle name Rashad and came up with Shad Hitz. What you will read in his own words is nothing short of amazing which is why I say that he is in his own zone....Oh and he owns it!!!



FM: Well how are things going for you these days homie

SH: Everything's been going great for the most part no complaints coming from this end, just been working putting in a lot of foot work to get things popping.

FM: So tell my readers a lil bit about yourself like where you are from, your age, when did you get your start in music that sort of thing....



SH: I was born on the eastside of Cleveland Ohio I've pretty much have lived in every area of the city. I'm 24 everyone guesses 19 believe it or not, imma straight 80's baby! I was introduced to music at a early age by my grandmother, she taught me the basics of how to play piano, when I was in elementary school I also played the sax for two years. By the time I turned 13 I wrote my first rap or at least tried to.

FM: Now a lot guys turn towards music these days a vast majority don't have to talent nor dedication it takes to become real musicians, so what is your take on that do you feel insulted especially when see someone you may feel lacks talent gets signed and have a large following?


SH: That's a funny question imma try n stay as politically correct as possible lol, that's the world we live in today were being extremely mediocre or just flat out sucking at your craft is acceptable and rewarded. I really don't know who to blame the artist the fan or the money hungry music industry exec that will give these mediocre "musicians" a platform to stand on for a quick buck. At the end of the day we have to realize majority of people aren't intelligent so it kinda is what it is, but I'm never mad at a person doing what they do to better their life and they're family's.


FM:Who influences you musically, and how do you balance musical engineer, graphic designer, songwriter, and artist? Do you find one more gratifying than the other

SH:My biggest influences musically is 2pac, Pimp C and most of all Master P business wise. I admire how he created his own lane and capitalized to the fullest, if you can't respect that we need to end this interview lol Balancing everything I do is extremely difficult I can't even lie there's not enough hours in a day, I'm constantly working in that 25th hour. Just owning a studio and having clients is a job alone, not to mention I still have to find time to get in my zone and create music for myself. Being a perfectionist is the thing that really holds me up if it's not perfect you will never see or hear one single project I'm working on, it's all or nothing with me, I represent a higher standard!I really can't say I prefer one over the other though, it's like choosing which kid is your favorite, they all tie together and make me a better brand. If I never invested in Hitz House Productions and Recording Studios I wouldnt be as good of an artist as I am, recording is a art and me having a background in audio engineering allows me to use my imagination, picture the final product and execute.


FM:When you write a song what do you require to get you in the perfect headspace to be creative?

SH:It really depends on the song, when I'm writing really meaningful deep or personal songs I like to seclude myself in the studio and just vent. When I'm doing a party record I'll have a couple of my homies come to the studio and we literally party during the writing and recording process, the songs usually captures that fun carefree emotion. I really believe some things can't be fabricated you really have to be in that zone


FM: How do you wanna market yourself to the public and what message do you want to send with your music?

SH: The Internet is the way to go right now, I know that the people who I appeal to the most are between the ages of 15 and 30. I use social networks like Facebook and twitter to reach my supporters alone with video sharing sites like YouTube and vimeo.I try to keep things real in my music I just want to reflect on everyday living I talk about everything in my tracks. Everyday is different so I just want to create a soundtrack for life, I give my listeners songs that they can relate to whether it be going to the club, a relationship, dealing with a death etc. I really don't want to get placed in one particular category because I make music off emotion and not everyday is a happy or sad one but a mixture of every emotion.

FM:Other than the what I viewed personally from your link tell the readers about your projects and who all you've worked with, and who would you like to work with in the future?


SH:I stay busy!! I actually just wrapped up the recording process for my first album entitled "The 25th Hour" that drops June 13th. I'm super pumped about this project I put alot of my personal experiences into the lyrics, after hearing it you will really feel like you know me on a personal level. On this album I have production from DezBeats Pro N Prave along with SuperMiles out in Texas, I don't have to many rap features, only two. I have a crazy single called "Nightmares Vs Dreams" featuring Mz Crazy Tee and another track called "Whatz Happenen" featuring Fabolous' artist signed under Street Fam named Freck Billionaire. I've got alot of singles on this album I promise it will be crazy. I'm also working on a series of mixtapes called "The ReUp" that will be dropping in-between my albums, those are crazy swavey records where I get to show my personality. In the future I would want to work with all the mainstream artist that are holding it down now like Wiz Khalifa, Jeezy and it's funny but I've always wanted to work with Gwen Stefani and Cee-Lo.



FM: Personal style in my opinion it's very important what's your personal style in terms of clothing what are you rocking?

SH: I'm a canvas kick junky! Lol I swear if you open my closet you'll see every color of Pf Flyers and Levis shoes and a couple pairs of Chucks. I wear so much levis it's a damn shame they aren't sponsoring me. I gets down with the Aldo, Louis and Gucci kicks when I'm doing my grown man one-two but overall I just keep it simple, gimme a pair of levis a rock tee and I'm good to go. I think I borrow a lot of styles from each region since I'm outta town so much, but if I could compare it to a coast my style of dress is more Cali, relaxed but fly.


FM: Definition of a Lady

SH:My moms picture should be under the definition of a lady, lol alot of people say that but there's no one like mines. A lady holds you down no matter what and has goals and knows how to reach them. A lady is stylish without being over the top, a lady knows how to conduct herself in public and knows how to be professional. But that's just my opinion!

FM: Name some things you can't live without

SH: The first one is a no brainer without music I would be a empty shell, I think I'd go crazy if I couldn't listen to good music on the daily, notice I said "good Music" lol. The second this is kinda funny, I'm obsessed with my phone I'm literally lost without it. I've been at photoshoots where the photographer had to tell me to put my phone in my pocket because it's always in my hand. The third thing is my family and friend, that's who I'm around daily I keep my circle extremely tight and the people I run wit are family without them I'm lost.

FM: Favorite all time place to hangout?


SH:My favorite place to be is on the beach, there's nothing like a clean blue watered ocean. I'm from Ohio so I never get to really kick it at one but when I'm outta town that's always the first thing I visit.

Shad Hitz
Follow me on Twitter





Posted by Your Royal Highness ALI

Location:Cleveland Ohio

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urban Insider talks Model Behavior with Mr. Alex Dominguez of RED Models NYC

With it now being officially spring and actually feeling like it, I thought what better way to celebrate than bringing in a little model behavior. Models often showcase the best of what the average person aspires to look like, from the clothes, the height, and even their hair. We chatted with Mr. Alex Dominguez for the proper insight, and here are our results....... Tell us a little about yourself such as where you are from, age, and for those who aren't familiar what agency you are currently signed with..... I was born Alexander P Dominguez in Washington DC on December 4th, and have resided in Prince George's county Maryland for most of my life. I graduated from Frostburg State university with a degree in Criminal Justice. I come from a good traditional Filipino family, and I am presently represented by RED model management NY. What was it and when was it that make you first take an interest in becoming a male model..... I really had no intentions of

Rico Hundo Gives UrbanInsider a Taste of "Trinkin Trinkin"

Not all of our interviews and features are very long and drawn out, sometimes we just wanna hit our mark with the subject we are talking about. Today we are talking about Rico Hundo, and officially welcoming him into the UrbanInsider family, which had all to do with the fact that he has the complete package, if you ever get a chance to watch his "Instastory" please do "lil whores", he was literally born for this and I can see his light, I would say he shines from within, so you wanna see his posts, you wanna hear him talk, you wanna know what he's doing next because you can tell it's organically who he is. We caught up with this rising star to continue the promo of his incredible ''Latin fused" new track "Trinkin Trinkin" oh and he helped us get the words right lol.........Oh we almost forgot to mention he knows another favorite "Dominicana" of ours CARDI!!!!!!!! Tweet So first of all I wanna it’s a pleasur

Spotlight On:The New It Girl Jessica Burciaga

She has it all from the girl next door appeal, to extreme sex appeal. I first took notice of her when I saw the Jamie Foxx ft Drake "Fall For Your Type" video and to be honest I had to take a sceond glance because I really thought that she was JLO. It wasnt until recently when I actually found out who this stunning beauty is who looks like she could be Jennifer Lopez's little sister. Jessica Burciaga (born April 11, 1983) is an American model . Her father is Mexican and her mother is French and Irish . She was selected to be Playboy's February 2009 Playmate of the Month .   I think we are just starting to see the beginning of the beautiful Jessica, and that she has alot more in store......