Skip to main content

MaddGammah (life,faith, and rap)

Madd Gammah

Who am I!!?




I go by Madd Gammah and my age is 29, but I’m blessed to look like I’m 25!! I take very good care of myself! Born and raised in Jackson, Mississippi. Not tryn to say this to sound or be like any1 else! Just don’t want to be like the typical artist today!! Here we go!! I grew up in north Jackson as a youngin. Wood Street, a child till my early teens of high school. People would say at that time one of the worst areas to live in, in the capital!



What gave me my Drive!!?

Well, honestly, this is the album that made me say that “I want to be a rapper!!” Master P. - Down South Hustlers mixtape, lol Real MixTape.
I heard that and said “yes, this is what I want to do!!” But before that I always had a thing for writing!! At 14, I wrote my first rap verse. I can still remember it till this day!! Quite funny!!

Influences!!
Back in the days people like, Juvenile, Pac, Scarface, Michael Jackson, Prince, Ice Cube, T L C, Smokey Robinson, Dr. Dre.... today, Rick Ross, Drake, Wayne, Boosie, Scar Face!!!, Eminem, Killa Mike, and Madd Gammah!! lol

People I don’t care to listen too!! Gucci, Waka Floka, Soulja Boy, Plies, Wiz Khalifa Ect... In lack of better words, them some garbage ass Niggas!!



Where I go when I’m writing!!!


First of all, when I start, I think about everything me, my mom and our family went through and seen growing up!! Cause most of all, I am doing this for Them, My Mom, My two Sisters, my twin, and my younger brother, smh, if we really had more time I would go deeper, but I’ll save that for another time. Been thru a lot and seen a lot, but I still walk strong, firm, and with my head up!! You feel me!!





People who listen to me!!


Yes In deed, I influence everybody that lives in everyday life, every1 that have been through something hard!!! Every regular everyday life person, that work, that have struggles, that want to be successful and every1 that want best out of life!!!

And on the real, I don’t portray any image, if u get a chance to know me and get a chance to be around me, you will know that I am a regular person and down to earth person. I just want people to look at me and what I stand for!!! Being me!!! Plain and simple!!
 

Longevity!!


This is exactly what it takes!!! First, Believe In GOD, and always put him first!! Don’t listen to anyone else when you are striving for something you want, let me clear that up, take in all advice, Listen to people, just always know what YOU want!!

Second!! Believe in yourself always when others don’t!! Another thing that I’ve always gone by, listen to other people music, but just to see what the new is about!! But write only what you know!! Speak it from the heart!! Truth always wins!!

Third!! Never worry about the competition!! Most important, never try to keep any1 from this game, always give out your knowledge, never be selfish, stay humble, Giving, caring, and help, always help who u can, even if its the smallest thing like giving a 20 dollar bill to a complete stranger, not to sound soft, lol but caring always bring longevity in anything you do!!






Branding!!
 
Well, as far as different genres, I think that Rock, Country and Pop all have a unique blend with Hip-Hop and I wouldn’t mind working with artists from those markets. Artist like Pink, Kid Rock, Lady Gaga, Darius Rucker, Kelly Clarkson, and a few more I can’t think of. But I would have a problem with mixing our different and creative skills. And there are a lot of hot artist from across the pool (English/ British) that would be really cool to work with.




Collabos!!


Moving forward, I would love to work with P. Diddy, Scarface, Master P. India Arie, Janet Jackson, Drake, Kanye West, T.I. etc..... I’ve worked with people mostly from my city and an Artist called KB, out of Houston, TX. No major artist though. I have reached out to Trick Daddy and Bobby V. but, no return contact, but it’s cool!! Not to sound like I’m full of myself, but I’m cool with just work by myself!!



Projects!!


First I use to rap with a group called 601 Playaz. Google them!! We were 1 of the hottest groups out of Mississippi in ‘98, ‘99, and ’00. We were offered a deal from Atlantic Records but our manger turned it down, a dumb move!! That was 1 of the reasons I left the group!! We were 1 of the first groups that was offered a deal out of Mississippi way before David Banner blew up!! I actually know him personally!! I stayed next door to him for 5 years before he got his deal!!! He knows me. We hoop together, shared tracks, shared thoughts and all!! I can talk a lot about some personal things, but like a mention, that’s for another interview, at another time.

So I had 3 albums with the group, solo I have my first album right after leaving the group, titled Madd Gammah - A New beginning, Google It!! My second Album was Street Dreams!! Google It!! I will have them all on my site in about a month. Chec them out at www.maddgammah.com and Now I’m bout to drop my new album 14 - A True Story!! It’s about my life story. I’ve been doing this for 14 years!! And it contains the truth. All independently done without a deal, but I’m ready for 1, so I can I can get it out to the world!!!



Other parts of entertainment!!


Yes!! Yes!! Yes!! I have other business ventures!!! I would like to get into acting, I’m a black belt, so I would love to do some acting to show my skills, ahhh, I have my own clothing company, Pih Poh Clothing, I created it in 2003!! It stands for hip hop!! It’s actually Hip Hop Backwards!! Ck out me own youtube.com Madd Gammah the making of go get it video, it has a sample show of it!!!

I really have a life story to tell!! So maybe being an author could be another venture. I think that would be very interesting. If I ever make it in this industry, I would like to get into charity!! It’s a lot of people that need help and I really would like to start a program called knowledge, for our black people. There are a lot of our black people who lack knowledge of life, understanding of life, and the meaning of being all u can be!! I hope I can help them with gaining that knowledge with or without making it big.


I would like to pitch some ideas in movies and commercials, reality shows. Most of all I would love to get someone in the industry to give me a chance on a major label, cause once that happen, I going to give it my all and everything else will fall in place!!

Outside of music, I’m enjoying life, family, running, working out, writing, working hard, etc....

Style!!
As far as clothing and style, I can rock anything!! Style, I make anything look good and hip!! I usually stick with a street look, Tee and jeans and maybe some Jays or AF1s half the time and a kinda preppy boy look the other half. LOL I’ve had some chicks say I have a body of a flyy white guy, so JCrew fits like it was made for me. Oh yes, I’m very confident in my looks, but not try to sound cocky.







D.E.P-79/ B.R.P/ Pih Poh Cl.

Rapper/Song Writer/Actor


Mgr. Griddy 769.226.1630
Maddgtv on Youtube & Twitter.com


www.maddgammah.com
www.youtube.com/maddgammahonline
www.facebook.com/maddgammah
www.myspace.com/maddgammahonline
www.twitter.com/maddgammahmusic
www.reverbnation.com/maddgammah
www.google.com



Posted by Your Royal Highness ALI
Location:Jackson, MS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urban Insider talks Model Behavior with Mr. Alex Dominguez of RED Models NYC

With it now being officially spring and actually feeling like it, I thought what better way to celebrate than bringing in a little model behavior. Models often showcase the best of what the average person aspires to look like, from the clothes, the height, and even their hair. We chatted with Mr. Alex Dominguez for the proper insight, and here are our results....... Tell us a little about yourself such as where you are from, age, and for those who aren't familiar what agency you are currently signed with..... I was born Alexander P Dominguez in Washington DC on December 4th, and have resided in Prince George's county Maryland for most of my life. I graduated from Frostburg State university with a degree in Criminal Justice. I come from a good traditional Filipino family, and I am presently represented by RED model management NY. What was it and when was it that make you first take an interest in becoming a male model..... I really had no intentions of

Rico Hundo Gives UrbanInsider a Taste of "Trinkin Trinkin"

Not all of our interviews and features are very long and drawn out, sometimes we just wanna hit our mark with the subject we are talking about. Today we are talking about Rico Hundo, and officially welcoming him into the UrbanInsider family, which had all to do with the fact that he has the complete package, if you ever get a chance to watch his "Instastory" please do "lil whores", he was literally born for this and I can see his light, I would say he shines from within, so you wanna see his posts, you wanna hear him talk, you wanna know what he's doing next because you can tell it's organically who he is. We caught up with this rising star to continue the promo of his incredible ''Latin fused" new track "Trinkin Trinkin" oh and he helped us get the words right lol.........Oh we almost forgot to mention he knows another favorite "Dominicana" of ours CARDI!!!!!!!! Tweet So first of all I wanna it’s a pleasur

Spotlight On:The New It Girl Jessica Burciaga

She has it all from the girl next door appeal, to extreme sex appeal. I first took notice of her when I saw the Jamie Foxx ft Drake "Fall For Your Type" video and to be honest I had to take a sceond glance because I really thought that she was JLO. It wasnt until recently when I actually found out who this stunning beauty is who looks like she could be Jennifer Lopez's little sister. Jessica Burciaga (born April 11, 1983) is an American model . Her father is Mexican and her mother is French and Irish . She was selected to be Playboy's February 2009 Playmate of the Month .   I think we are just starting to see the beginning of the beautiful Jessica, and that she has alot more in store......